To administer the dayto day operations of the programs and implement the policies of the GoverningBody
• Implementspartner relations practices necessary to establish a positive company-partnerrelationship and promote a high level of partner morale.
• Keepssupervisor informed of daily activities and issues. Proposes solutions to allissues.
• Mustget along with co-workers; maintain effective relationships with managementstaff, employees, and the general public.
• Organizesthe agency in accordance with the laws and regulations pertaining to theoperation of a hospice in the state where the agency is licensed.
• Organizesand directs the agency's ongoing functions; maintains liaison among theGoverning Body, the group of Professional Personnel and the staff
• Establishesadministrative procedures and maintains records to provide the ExecutiveCommittee, the Board of Directors, and outside agencies with currentinformation required for operational decisions.
• Facilitatessystem for communication among the hospice staff, hospice care team, andpatients/family unites and/or legal guardians/representatives when applicable
• Maintainsand implements policies and procedures for provision of hospice care andservices, as well as policies related to management, operation, and evaluationof the hospice's performance.
• Facilitatesinvolvement of the IDG in policy development.
• Responsiblefor recruitment and employment of qualified staff in sufficient numbers for theprovision of care and services.
• Participatesin the development and implementation of an orientation program for eachpartner to include, but not limited to, agency services and specific jobduties.
• Responsiblefor partner oversight in regards to compliance with the completion of annualtraining and education programs.
• Followsall company policies and procedures, state, and federal laws and regulations,and charged with reporting violations to the appropriate supervisor.
• Carriesout all duties with a "Committed to Caring" attitude and in accordance with thecompany's mission, vision, and philosophy.
• Maintainsconfidentially of company information.
• Demonstratesintegrity at all times.
• Ableto respond to change productively and handle additional projects as assigned.
• Ableto carry out the duties and responsibilities of this job (with or withoutreasonable accommodation) without posing specific or current risk ofsubstantial harm to the health and safety of self and others.
• Supervisesand participates in the development and implementation of Performance Improvement,utilization Review, and Peer Review Program of the agency.
• Performsother administrative tasks as assigned by the Governing Body.
• Employsprofessional administrative and other qualified staff to meet the needs of thepatients admitted.
• Supervisesand evaluates all professional and administrative staff.
• Developsand implements personnel records on all staff members.
• Developsand maintains personnel records on all staff members.
• Providesorientation, training and continuing education of the staff.
• Responsiblefor monitoring staff compliance with completion of annual training andeducation programs.
• Contractsfor all services not provided by paid staff.
• Developsand implements budget and shall ensure that the following responsibilities arefulfilled:
• Thesubmission of a monthly financial report to the Regional Director
• Thepreparation and submission of an annual financial report to the Governing Bodyand the membership
• Themaintenance of all payroll records in compliance with federal, state, and locallaws and regulations.
• Responsiblefor ensuring compliance with the agency's budgeted financial and census goals
• Advisesthe Governing Body regarding the needs of the agency concerning insurance forproperty and professional liability, and maintain in effect such policies ofinsurance as directed by the Governing Body.
• Directscommunity relations for United Hospice and serves as its representative oncivic and professional boards.
• Servesas a liaison person with the State and National Hospice organizations of whichthe agency is a member.
• Servesas a liaison with the Governing Body, Executive Directory, and the UnitedHospice Staff.
• Ensuresthe accuracy of public information materials and activities.
• Ensurescompliance with the agency Start of Care goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Participatein center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently requiredreports.
• Attendand participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changesin your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, asrequired.
• Attendand participate in mandatory inservices.
• Honorpatients/residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination,individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wagecomplaints.
• Complywith corporate compliance program.
• Reportjob-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards includingexposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Followestablished safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention,smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Followestablished safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working withequipment.
• Performother related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Holds a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in a healthcare field, human services administrative area, or has served as a hospice administrator under a state approved hospice and home care program, or has equivalent administrative work experience in a healthcare facility
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of two years hospice management experience
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
• Current Professional License as applicable
• Current Driver's License and Automobile Liability Insurance
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
• Orientation to United Hospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
• Has shown successful completion of related field.
• Skills in supervisory relationships and communication.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Satisfactory results of criminal history check, Office of the Inspector General Sanction Check, and licensure validations.
• Must have a commitment to and understanding of the hospice concept.
• Must have skills in supervisory relationships and communications, both written and oral.
• Must participate in orientation and training programs.
• Possess knowledge of computer software for application in office settings. Must be well organized and able to set priorities. Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Has never been shown by credible evidence to have abused, neglected, sexually assaulted, exploited, or deprived any person or to have subjected any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct as evidenced by an oral or written statement to this effect obtained at the time of application.
• Attendance - must maintain timely, regular attendance.
• Professional appearance.
• Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
Primary Location: North Carolina-North Wilkesboro
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Jun 18, 2021, 6:33:03 PM