Dedicate yourself to an Organization and Mission you can be proud of by joining the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging!
We provide choices for people to live independently in the place they want to call home.
Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging (WRAAA) is a private non-profit corporation located, organized and designated by the State of Ohio to be the planning, coordinating and administrative agency for federal and state aging programs in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain and Medina Counties. It is one of twelve Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) in the state organized together with local service provider organizations and the Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) to form the state's public aging services network. The network works together to create opportunities for Ohioan's to receive needed home and community services and supports; and to age successfully in their own homes and communities.
Reports to: Director, Program Development and Planning
Position: Full-time with dual roles (part-time HomeFix Coordinator and part-time Data Entry)
The Coordinator is responsible for the in-take and planning of home repair/modification approved projects for older adults.
- Develop relationships with community members throughout the program year.
- Review applications and determine whether eligibility criteria have been met.
- Provide home visits to assess the need for the home repair/modification.
- Issue bid, review bids and approve a final bidder for project.
- Identify community partners, organizations, foundations and businesses that want to provide in-kind services or cash donations for HomeFix.
- Promote and market the program to various stakeholders
- Implement WRAAA's mission to help older adults remain independent.
- Identify and engage volunteers with developing a five-county initiative to familiarize older adults with home safety, repairs and modifications.
- Review and processing applications.
- Identifying older adults that would benefit from HomeFix.
- Work closely with contractors approved to provide the home repair/modification work.
- Prepare progress reports for funders.
- Assure contractors are Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) certified renovators
Data Entry :
Manages and ensures that all our data is properly entered in the database.
- Develop relationships with the provider network and all data end users.
- Review monthly data to ensure accuracy.
- Work with the team and providers to make corrections to the data as necessary.
- Work closely with finance to ensure data for all programs are accounted for in the database.
- Provide reports to director, team and stakeholders as requested.
- The point person for all data involving the Program Development and Planning department
- Assist with the process of Fund Identifying all the data in conjunction with finance.
- One or more years of experience with knowing that repairs/modifications meet the Office of Community Development's Residential Rehabilitation Standards (RRS) and local housing codes
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have a driver license/Automobile Insurance
- Criminal Background check required
• Two or more years of experience with community outreach or housing.
• Two or more years of experience in home construction or repairs preferred.
• Knowledge of housing issues and neighborhoods in Northeast Ohio region.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to develop and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including but not limited to, prospective program participants, volunteers, county/municipal agencies, community organizations, employers, government organizations, and WRAAA staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of basic home repair including painting, roofing, drywall and carpentry projects.
- Ability to effectively coordinate a team and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to run reports, determine discrepancies and make corrections.
- Ability to learn multiple databases.