- As a Highway Maintenance Worker 1, you may routinely operate a variety of maintenance and construction equipment. You may perform physical maintenance work and you may also operate equipment such as a hydraulic excavator, grader, bulldozer, paver or any of the more complex equipment
- In addition to the equipment operation duties, you may also perform maintenance activities, such as mounting and dismounting plows, wings and spreaders; changing oil and various filters; and doing other preventive maintenance tasks or making appropriate repairs on the equipment.
- During the winter, everyone including trainees performs snow and ice control activities, such as operating a single-blade plow or the wing plow in a one-person plowing operation. Winter snow and ice control activities will involve a shift in your normal work hours.
- Successful Completion of Traineeship requirements
- OR: One year of experience in the operation of highway construction, maintenance equipment or other vehicles in excess of 26,000 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating with air brakes, AND;
- Possession of a Class A or B Commercial Driver License with DOT-specified endorsements, AND;
- Two NYSDOT equipment operation certifications, in addition to the following three specific certifications: large dump truck, one person plowing with single or double wing, and front-end loader.
Click "Apply" to be directed to our Employment Opportunities website to complete an application today.