Highly Qualified Elite Security Officer - Night Shifts - minimum 3 years of military, LEO or Security experience - starting at $17.50 per hour
Primary roles of this Security Officer position:
- Safeguard personnel by strictly enforcing access control procedures; verify every badge issued and ensure proper escort before allowing anyone to enter.
- Cameras monitor all entrances, officers provide physical presence to ensure no unauthorized access.
- Every Officer is charged to safeguard against espionage, sabotage, damage and/or theft of client property and/or data;
- Access Control provides assistance to visitors and guests authorized to enter the property;
- Verify authorization
- Take photos as needed
- Print and issue temporary badges
- Ensure proper escort of all visitors and guests
- Control Room Officer monitors cameras and responds to alarms throughout the property.
- Report writing is critical and attention to detail is a priority
- Every officer is highly trained and equipped to deal with and manage potentially hostile situations in the workplace; responding to emergencies and alarms.
- SEI provides specialized training in every aspect of hostile workplace situations.
- Red Team evaluations regularly 'test' officers on assigned duties to enhance duty readiness.
- Table Top exercises and live drills ensure officers not only KNOW their duty, but have practiced it to ensure readiness.
- Computer literate. Every officer completes reports and documentation in a centralized database using client-provided software, generates and prints badges, etc.
- Mature judgement and the ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Attention to detail and punctuality are essential to success.
Certifications Required: (provided by Security Engineers, Inc.)
- Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
- Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course. Become ASRB certified Armed Security Officer.
- Subject Control Spray - Attend state mandated class room instruction, including exposure.
*Anyone previously certified/exposed to Freeze +P can provide documentation and SEI will waive the exposure portion of the course.
To be considered for employment with Security Engineers, Inc., candidates must:
• Complete required security training and pass a comprehensive written exam. (Company Provided)
• Be at least 19 years of age for unarmed positions & at least 21 years of age for armed positions.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Have no felony convictions, no convictions for misdemeanors involving moral turpitude (verified by a fingerprint based criminal background check).
• Be of good moral character (as verified by applicant-provided character references and applicant's credit history and driver's license record when applicable).
• Be able to verify/explain all gaps in employment and not have been terminated from previous employment for other than honorable circumstances.
• Be in generally good health and physically able to perform the duties assigned.
• Have a telephone or other reliable means of communication.
• Have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
• Have a high school education or suitable equivalent.
• Be literate in the English language and be able to read and understand written orders and instructions, complete standard forms and logs and compose reports that convey complete information.
Armed Security Officer - In addition to the above requirements
• Experience with a firearm is preferred
• Have or can obtain a valid pistol permit
• Complete required "Security training" and pass a comprehensive written exam.
• Complete required "Armed Security Training" and pass a qualification course (Company provided training)
As Security Engineers continues to grow, so do the opportunities within the company. We promote from within whenever possible, so there is always room to advance in your career.
Security Engineers is home to the most elite team of professional Security Officers in the industry! Security Engineers' Security Officers set the precedent others try to emulate when it comes to the private security industry.
Security Engineers currently has a few openings for 'elite' security officers at a premier location in the Birmingham, AL area.
This is a well established and long-term client, which offers top pay for the right candidates!
• Customer Service/Patrol/Access Control Officers: Starting pay is $17.00 an hour and it goes up to $17.50 after new hires complete training (typically within 60 days). Must be available to work any shift
5:30pm-5:30am any day of the week
Applicants must be able to pass the US Air Force physical fitness test. Scoring tables can be found at:
$150 Referral Bonus for encouraging your friends and family to apply. $500 Sign-on Bonus: Details to be discussed during the interview
- Armed Security, Military or Law Enforcement experience required (3+ years).
- A 4-year college degree may substitute for 1-year work experience
- Pass medical exam to test vision & hearing (ability to distinguish color is required).
- Pass drug screen
- Pass an annual physical fitness assessment (see details below)
- Pass a background investigation
- Complete a psychological assessment
Training is the ingredient that turns an ordinary 'security guard' into a Professional Security Officer.
Security Engineers' goal is to meet and/or exceed state requirements in our efforts to prepare you as professionals for the field such as Interactive Real-Life Scenarios within a Classroom Setting, Report Writing and Forms, Authority, Responsibilities and Conduct of a Security Officer, Emergency Procedures, Laws Affecting Work, Use of Force and much more!
Our Officers are trained in:
• General Physical Security
• Access Control (both pedestrian and vehicle)
• Mobile and Foot Patrols
• Courtesy & Professionalism for clients' visitors, customers and employees
• Critical Systems Checks/Monitoring
• Alarm Response
• Emergency Response
• Carefully documenting all duties and services performed for clients and use of mandated report forms (electronic or paper) as well as various patrol recording devices.
Please visit the following web link to learn more about our company.
Security Engineers, Inc. recognizes that employees view benefits as an essential part of their total compensation package when seeking employment. Retention of good employees is an integral part of our overall Quality Assurance Program. Security Engineers has designed a benefit program which has proven to be an effective tool for recruitment and retention.
Discussed in orientation
• Security Officer of the Quarter Award and Bonus
• Customized Uniforms - 3 sets provided at no cost to employee
All applicants accepted for assignment will not only receive above industry average hourly wage but also paid training, overtime, free uniforms and health insurance options.
Security Engineers is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process please email: