Primary Location: 2330 NW 10th St, Wichita, KS, US
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 218
The HFC/Access Designer I drafts and designs accurate network maps, layouts, drawings and detailed electronic construction prints for hybrid-fiber-coax (HFC) and fiber optic networks. Responsible for creating designs, updating objects and levels in PNI (Physical Network Inventory database) GNIS.
- Creates accurate network maps and detailed electronic construction prints. Prepares layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using applicable design software.
- Prepares high-level bill of materials for special projects (fiber and coax) up to the patch panel or customer premise.
- Updates as-builts as construction is completed and releases the area.
- May preform quality checks of mapping and network design and negotiate/approve design and/or construction changes.
- Provides ongoing support to other departments as needed in the effective use of all peripheral applications
- Responsible for fiber availability and ring capacity checks and determination of reinforcement requirements.
- Coordinate project planning and site surveys with sales personnel, utility companies and Cox crews as necessary to include designing service to new and existing residential properties and commercial facilities
- Provide ongoing contract management support and response for project related questions/inquiries to meet defined SLA timeframes.
- HS Diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of experience, knowledge preferred in related field in the telecommunication industry, drafting, carrier (wireline or wireless), engineering or IT.
- Prior use of Microsoft Office, proficient with Excel
- Knowledge of GE Smallworld or related technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, relationship building, self-motivation, resourcefulness, self-starter, time management, organization, attention to detail, quality orientation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline desired (i.e., Design, Drafting, Electronics, Civil Engineering)
- Experience in HFC or Fiber Design; GIS, mapping, permitting, CAD & Project Mgmt
- Prefer certification in GIS technologies or electrical engineering
- 2 years of experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.