- Seven to ten year's experience with environmental engineering.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, wastewater treatment and air permitting programs, to include Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) policies and regulations.
- Must have previous work experience with Environmental Management Systems, knowledge and experience in contract administration, ability to manage third party contactors and ability to work independently.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook).
- Confidentiality a must.
- 60% travel is required
- Supports facilities to create improvements in environmental compliance including air, odor, oil storage, chemical management, hazardous waste, storm water and the treatment of water and wastewater.
- Ensures the Company is in compliance of federal and state environmental laws and regulations. Negotiate effectively with regulators on matters related to permitting, expansion and non-compliance issues.
- Represent the company in public forums on environmental matters and in appropriate technical and trade associations.
- Ensure that all facilities obtain and maintain necessary environmental permits.
- Provide for environmental training for staff and division personnel.
- Ensure that all facilities have adequate and efficient environmental protection systems. Supervise design, construction and startup as may be required. Collaborate with Division Engineers on design, budgeting, startup and permitting on projects assigned to them. Stay current on changing regulations and technology. Audit compliance.
- Participate in the emergency and chemical release reporting and response program.
- Develop site environmental managers to more effectively manage day-to-day issues.