About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment, and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,400 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com), and mobile banking, and has offices in 32 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the U.S. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2019 rankings of America's largest corporations. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at: Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending (CL) businesses include Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, and Consumer Lending Control. CL provides important products and services that are critical to helping our customers meet their financial needs. The CL team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. Our broad suite of products help customers buy or refinance a home, purchase an automobile, or pay for other important personal needs. CL serves millions of customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
Head of Default Asset Management will report directly to the Head of Wells Fargo Home Lending Servicing. This individual will manage a large team and provide support and execution for all foreclosure activities and oversight for the protection, maintenance, sale and return on investment of Wells Fargo Home Lending assets. Their scope includes servicing for other government backed mortgages (HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and private investors) in addition to our owned WF mortgages.
This leader will be relied upon to work seamlessly and collaborate in a highly effective way across Home Lending, and other Enterprise business operations to ensure great execution through more than 800 employees across multiple operations sites (West Des Moines, IA, Ft. Mill, SC, San Antonio, TX and ESG ).
This Leader and team will bring enhanced focus and capability to provide strong operational execution disciplines and improve efficiency without sacrificing accuracy. Effective partnership with Corporate Credit, Risk, Legal, Corporate Responsibility and Community Relations, as well as external parties including investors, examiners and 3rd party vendors, is essential.
Specifically, this leader will:
Lead and manage the operations of Foreclosure, Real Estate Owned (REO)/Federal Administration (FHA) Post-Sale and Property Preservation functions.
Leading & delivering Operational Excellence by advancing and strengthening operating metrics to monitor and continually improve execution and business effectiveness.
Develop a diverse, high performing team that's great at execution and focused on doing what's right.
Ensure the business is in compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements. Partnering with Business Control and Legal teams on operational risk and compliance-related matters including coordination of work for audit and regulatory exams, and addressing regulatory issues.
Accountable for assessing and effectively managing all associated risks including credit risk, operations risk, compliance risk, regulatory and legal risk, and reputational risk. Collaborating with Front Line Control and Independent Risk Management functions to strengthen communication and relationships with regulatory agencies and internal risk partners.
Support the Head of Home Lending in updating regulators and internal risk partners on progress of various risk management activities. Establish and manage standards related to management of regulatory issues and management of owned issues.
Effectively manage relationships and risk with 3 rd parties who complete work on Wells Fargo's behalf
Consistently work to enhance the efficiency of the operation - Ensure solutions are designed, integrated, and controlled to improve effectiveness, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building high-performing teams that drive business results through effective leadership and team member engagement. This leader will need to exercise strong collaboration skills in partnering broadly with other leaders within Wells Fargo Home Lending and across the Enterprise to achieve success. The leader must possess strong business acumen with the ability to balance business growth and efficiency with managing risks within Wells Fargo's risk appetite while supporting an outstanding customer experience.
It requires a leader with operating skills, understanding of business processes at scale, strong relationship management and influencing skills and the ability to anticipate issues on the horizon.
A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, focus on results, and personal accountability for achievement while making difficult decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement. This person will have exceptionally strong thought leadership and analytic skills, with a proven ability to engage and influence a variety of stakeholders including the ability to effectively navigate uncertain/volatile environment with many unknowns.
- 14+ years of operations experience
- 11+ years of management experience in operations
Other Desired Qualifications
- A seasoned executive with at least 12 years of progressive leadership; proven experience leading and control execution of large operations teams distributed across multiple locations.
- Knowledge and experience working in Consumer Real Estate, Mortgage Servicing and/or similar Consumer Lending products; preferably mortgage default servicing experience.
- Deep understanding of the credit life-cycle with proven performance managing multiple portfolios on multiple systems of record.
- Experience managing a loan administration program for a large, complex business or large functional areas with moderate to high systemic/aggregate risk.
- Experience managing pipelines and work allocation.
- Strong partnership/collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a straight forward and understandable manner and significant experience preparing and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to go beyond analysis and design to effective execution of operational processes.
- Track record of attracting, developing and motivating a high performing team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change.
- Strong analytic capability.
Other major Wells Fargo locations may be considered.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.