Head, Compensation And Benefits, North America
Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
Summary / purpose of the position
The Head of Compensation and Benefits, North America is responsible for the Planning and Administration of all compensation strategies, programs and policies in concert with IPSEN North America and Global Human Resources. This will include managing the development and approval of position descriptions at every level, designing and managing all Salary related programs, processes and administration. This role also influences the design and delivery of components of Benefit Programs and Salary Administration to include but not limited to health benefits, 401k, annual merit increases, Bonus payments, Long-term Incentives, and sales Incentive Compensation strategies. Stays abreast of the evolution of Salary and Total Compensation designs across the industry to ensure that Ipsen is able to effectively attract and retain employees from a pay/rewards perspective.
The individual will be a sophisticated and hands-on leader, who is committed to excellence and developing a top-notch Compensation, Benefits and Operations team. This role reports to the Global VP of Compensation and Benefits, will have a dotted line to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources North America, Global R&D, Business Development and Talent Acquisition in support of the North America business.
Main responsibilities / job expectations
- Proactively facilitates comparing all the various job titles and Salary Ranges to ensure any pay differences are justified for new and existing employees. This includes new position created.
- Conducts research to analyze IPSEN's Programs versus the Industry and geographies.
- Facilitates agreement with Management and Corporate Headquarters where necessary.
- Proposes new & innovative designs to encourage accelerated completion of IPSEN N.A. business strategies.
- Develops recognition and reward strategies to sustain & attract key value-added results by Employees and Management at every level.
- Collaborates with IPSEN Headquarters on Benefit changes impacting Employees & N.A. Business
- Facilitates the introduction and application of Benefit Program changes.
- Serves as the interface with Benefit providers in concert with IPSEN Headquarters.
- Ensures that all Compensation and Benefit elements are adequately included and presented to New hires and transfers.
- Partners with Finance and Legal on all anticipated problem issues or matters.
- Guiding the maintenance and development of Employee personnel record systems
- Preparing and distributing compensation and benefits related information to employees
- Will contribute to Global C&B strategy through active participation to Global C&B network
Knowledge, abilities & experience
- B.S Degree or Higher
- HR & Compensation experience at the Associate Director level or above with managerial experience of a staff of two (2) or more Associates
- Preference for Compensation, Benefits, and Operations experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience in strategic Compensation planning and execution. Knowledge of Salary Surveys, Comparative & Competitive compensation analysis. Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and advise on the application of Compensation management to EEO/AA laws.
- Ability to assess and provide Compensation training and development needs.
Key Technical Competencies Required
- Knowledge of Compensation and Salary Administration theory and practices.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs. Ability to manage Salary Offers and agreements.
- Facilitates dispute resolution processes regarding Compensation.
- Experience in examining and redesigning Compensation & Salary Administration procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Experience working with large complex organizations during periods of growth and change
- Experienced in operating with minimal direction in a dynamic environment as a leader of transformation
- Demonstrated track record of excellent decision-making abilities; ability to make decisions logically, methodically, and quickly (as appropriate)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong Leadership Skills; ability to establish and maintain credibility, to influence and build trust
- Passion for the patient and drive for results orientation
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.