Greetings from Charter Global
Title: Hadoop Admin
Location: Dallas is preferred location, Atlanta to be considered if candidate is strong.
• 4+ years Hadoop ecosystem experience (Zookeeper/HBASE/HDFS/Map Reduce/Hive/Oozie/Yarn/Spark)
• Providing platform and infrastructure support, including cluster administration and tuning.
• 5+ years Strong knowledge of Linux systems (RHEL/CentOS/OEL 6.x or 7.x)
• General operational expertise such as good understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage and networks
• 4+ years Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell/Python etc.)
• 4+ years Able to create and manage big data pipeline, including Pig/MapReduce/hive jobs
• 2+ years Solid troubleshooting abilities and able to work with a team to fix large production issues
• Solid Understanding on Name Node HA architecture
• More than 3 years' experience in Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) Administration, Job Scheduling and Installation
• Experience in TWS v8.x and v9.x
• Installing and configuring Hadoop components on multiple clusters
• Implementing data and platform security models
• Monitoring and analyzing Hadoop services' log files
• Working collaboratively with users and application teams to optimize query and cluster performance
• Managing and deploying HBase
• Involves capacity management, cluster set up, structure planning, scaling and administration.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly (including vendor APIs)
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Team oriented individual who can work well with others
• Help in creating effective reports/dashboards for both operations and high-level executives
• Write documentation to assist team members
• BS degree in Computer Science.
• Streams (Kafka, Storm), Hortonworks HDP, Ansible - Big Plus
• Azure experience is a big plus.
- provided by Dice