Provides work leadership over a sub-unit within a division. Performs the most highly specialized duties within the work team, requiring advanced knowledge of the products, regulations and policies pertaining to the work of the sub-unit.
- Lead business unit work teams with responsibility for multiple product lines. Monitor and assign workflow.
- Document team processes, make recommendations for improvement, provide on the job training, and research and resolve highly specialized and/or sensitive issues for the work team.
- Liaise with first line risk and second line of defense personnel with respect to customer issues. Research and resolve complex internal and external customer issues.
- Serve as department lead for special projects impacting the work team.
- Provide reporting to work team leadership and prepare monthly departmental reporting for management.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Works under minimal supervision. Internal contacts include unit management and other division personnel. External contacts include attorneys, customers, vendors and outside agencies.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Allocates work as a team leader for a team that consists mainly of jobs graded 8 & 9; may check on completion/quality.
Education and Experience Required:
A combined total of 5 years of higher education and relevant work experience in a call center or bank operations environment, inclusive of 2 years' work leadership experience.
Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
Strong knowledge of relevant spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Demonstrated work leadership skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong knowledge of departmental systems, documents and procedures.
Getzville, New York, United States of America