Location: US-VA-Virginia Beach
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives is currently looking for a talented groundskeeper to join our team. Our ideal candidate will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and turf on our 5 acre property. The Groundskeeper will also employ insecticides, chemical sprays, fertilizers and mulches to optimize condition of greenery. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, weeds, plant diseases and harmful insects. You will maintain equipment and supplies, and order supplies as needed?.
- Maintaining site landscaping.
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf and irrigation.
- Fertilizing lawn, trees, flowers and shrubs, and spreading mulch.
- Trimming trees, hedges and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds.
- Monitor campus for necessary grounds maintenance work to assure safety, resolve problems or
notify others as appropriate
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws and shovels efficiently.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and power tools.
- Utilizing insecticides, fertilizers and chemical sprays to treat diseases.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting basic irrigation audit and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Removing snow by using shovel or snow blower.
- Perform maintenance work such as touch up painting.
- Repair sprinkler and irrigation pipes.
- Respond to emergency calls outside of normal work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 3+ years working on commerical facility grounds
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Available to work overtime.
- Proficient with sending emails.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.