*This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon staffing award*
Are you amazed by satellite views of the Earth? Are you energetic and ready to design the next generation of space-based systems? We invite you to join Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) as a Ground Responsible Systems Engineer (RSE) for our programs and pursuits. This position supports the Civil, Commercial, and International product lines.
We are seeking a Ground RSE Systems Engineer who brings system leadership and engineering knowledge to our programs. The successful candidate will have prior experience and/or knowledge in ground requirements development, ground architecture definition, and ground systems integration support. The candidate will have the ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across engineering disciplines to accomplish the team goals.
The RSE will interface with multiple disciplines including customers, with internal and external suppliers, program management, system engineering, procurement, and will also be capable of coordinating and preparing/presenting the results of their work.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate strong systems engineering skills and experience in one or more of the following: architecture design, requirements definition, test verification, readiness, and/or transition of a new system.
Responsibilities include supporting integration and test activities associated with Telemetry, Tracking, and Command (TT&C) and Mission Data Processing (MDP) software. The candidate will coordinate with the customer and external suppliers to define the ground technical baseline, define space to ground communications including bus communications with GEPs, define GEP to SOC communications, and resolve ground integration technical issues.
Your vital contribution will help us to deliver excellence to our customers. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
- 6+ years engineering experience with at least with 4 years of experience with ground requirements, architecture, and verification/validation
- Experience with a dynamic collaborative environment including multi-functional and cross-site teams
- Experience defining and maintaining the ground technical baseline
- Experience defining the space to ground communications
- Experience with ground system Integration and test
- Demonstrated strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to managing interdependencies, identifying disconnects, between current and future architectures, requirements, and interfaces, and resolving system issues
- Ability to perform trade studies from "first principles" and basic engineering fundamentals to drive a design from inception forward
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance
- Engineering experience with Enterprise Ground Services (EGS)
- Engineering experience Neptune constellation software
- Exposure/interaction with Naval Research Laboratories (NRL) customer and/or facilities
- Understand the process to deploy applications and services into a cloud environment using Agile methodology
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline (preferably Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Software Engineering)
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date*
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.