Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Mount Snow is now part of the Vail Resorts family and we've started hiring for our Winter 20-21 season! All Mount Snow employees receive a FREE ski pass that gives you access to skiing and riding at all Vail Resorts-owned mountains. Along with the free ski pass, employees also get discounts on food, lodging, and retail products, along with other pro-deal discounts on brand names. Join the team this season for an Experience of a Lifetime!
The specialist position performs at the highest level of grooming. This position is more skilled than any other snow surface position. This position must have the ability to provide assistance with high angle extractions. The tasks required have a higher level of risk which only a small group of operators are skilled in. This position performs at the highest level of safety in trail maintenance, grooming, and/or winch operation and must possess the highest level of technical experience in order to maintain mountain accessibility during extreme conditions (wind events, emergencies and natural disasters) and other special situations/events.
This position must have a high level of understanding of all snow surface machines as well as an understanding of mountain surroundings with the ability to assist Patrol in out-of-bounds maintenance, rescues and avalanche mitigation. The specialist position must be able to implement advanced construction techniques during initial trail building phases, have the ability to "build" an early season trail in low snow conditions as well as use their advanced construction techniques for all other special on-mountain requests.
In addition to advanced grooming skills, a specialist may perform specialized tasks such as winch cat grooming operations and slope development with man-made snow. This position must perform by using a full range of grooming equipment such as winches, renovators, snowblowers, blades, tillers, Zauggs, forks and cranes.
A specialist must be able to work independently, self manage all situations, diagnose immediate problems and make precise decisions all while managing both time and assigned projects.
Advanced Job Functions:
- Prepare and maintain a skiing surface for skiers of all levels
- Provide basic preventative maintenance, cleanliness, and up-keep of the machine
- Fulfill all hauling needs and dozing needs of the other departments
- Competent with with winch kat grooming
- Proficient at slop development with machine made snow
- Understands and follows all safety guidelines
- Leads crew in the absents of a lead operator
- Assists with the training of other operators
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record - required for all levels
- Willing to work 10+ hour shifts as needed - required for all levels
- Willing to work early morning, late evening and overnight shifts - required for all levels
- Willing to work holiday and weekends as required - required for all levels
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in an alpine, winter environment - required for all levels
- Team player - required for all levels
- Basic understanding of the trail system - required for Entry
- Experience with operating a snowcat and winch kat grooming - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Understand grooming patterns and methods including team grooming techniques - required for Advanced & Intermediate
- Knowledge of the Resort - required for Advanced and Intermediate
- Grooming experience
- Ability to detect noticeable problems with equipment - required for all levels
- Understand Safety guidelines - required for all levels
Mount Snow makes everyone feel like family, guests and employees alike. With consistent, high-ratings on the friendly staff, why wouldn't you want to join the camaraderie? Join our team and help us share ultimate mountain adventures with our guests.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 222408