Job Title: Leader, Government Capture Location: Maryland Home Office, Virginia Home Office - 2, Washington, D.C. Job Summary and Description:
The Government Capture Leader identifies and develops energy-related government research and development (R&D) opportunities and aligns technical resources needed to pursue funding solicitations. The Government Capture Leader is responsible for developing the solicitation strategy and business relations to drive financial results for all EPRI business sectors. The Leader oversees the solicitation response including project concept development, technical and programmatic approach, pricing, and teaming. The Capture Leader interfaces with the Sector leadership to gain buy-in and approval of proposed projects and allocation of resources to the proposal effort. The Capture Leader actively supports the proposal development team, monitors proposal progress, and facilitates resolution of issues that arise during proposal development. The Capture Leader also creates feedback loops with the government post award or loss to increase learning and win-rates.
The Capture Leader also functions as the account manager for assigned agencies including development and execution of a comprehensive growth strategy, senior leadership and technical program leads, and alignment with EPRI business priorities and capabilities.
- Develops and maintains pipeline of aligned opportunities. Monitors and reports on government proposal activity and funding performance.
- Manages process solicitations and bid/no-bid decisions , manages cross-sector coordination, facilitates project concept assessment, and support s proposal development to close technical and administrative gaps with the government operations team.
- Provides updates to team members and Sr. Manager on funding progress.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of selected solicitation responses which includes strategic alignment of discriminators, reviewing pricing strategies.
- Technically analyzes each solicitation and advises on best-fit solicitation response opportunities which align with mission.
- Connects with government agencies and aligns technical staff with opportunities to interface and discuss ideas and research opportunities.
- Produces a comprehensive business development plan including the agency interface practices, agency R&D priorities, agency funding authorization, alignment with EPRI and Sector goals and business objectives, and agency engagement plans.
- Organizes or manages agency technical briefings and workshops to highlight EPRI capabilities and position for developing opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physical sciences or equivalent required. Master's Degree in technical discipline or M.B.A preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the electricity industry with 7 years of experience.
- At least 7 years of experience working with a state, federal of defense segment and should possess approximately 5 years of sales experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with the targeted federal and/or state agencies with demonstrated success in developing and winning complex technical proposals in multi-million-dollar range.
- R&D or technical project management experience preferred.
Skills and Attributes:
- Team player with demonstrated ability to assemble and lead effective cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional leadership skills, and superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be deadline-oriented, and possess problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Must be highly effective at oral and written communications with both internal and external customers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills.
- Strong PC skills including the full Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Focus on federal government capture, US DOE, NETL, US EPA, etc.EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/DisabledTogether . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.