Job Title: Government Contracts Coordinator Location: Knoxville, TN Job Summary and Description:
Position focuses on the administration, reporting, and tracking of government contracts and related requirements and property during complete contract lifecycle ("cradle to grave") for a wide range of federal, state and local government clients and customers and pass-through entities. While this is an entry-level position, the successful candidate for this position should have a skill set which would allow them to progress to more senior administrator roles as they gain experience.
- Systems and Data management including, but not limited to:
- Manages the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) activities for Government Contracts including: creating new project folders, uploading new documents, maintaining permissions and access, maintaining due date reminders, etc.
- Enters required government contract and proposal information into the Proposal SharePoint site
- Processes funding and sourcing agreements in SAP, SAP Grants Management and CLM
- Manages requests for and updates expired insurance certificates for funding and sourcing agreements
- Performs government property tracking and reporting
- Prepares representation and certifications and other governmental required documentation for the Manager's review and signature
- Evaluates and analyzes Government Funding Agreement terms; prepares initial Funding Agreement Summary, Flowdown Addendum and other required documents for review and finalization by senior staff or Manager; and attends the Internal Kickoff Meeting
- Provides assistance with Contract Closeout for both funding and sourcing agreements, collects and prepares closeout documents
- Create and maintain various reports for Government Contracts team including projections, soon to expire, deliverable deadlines, etc.
- Supports the Subrecipient Monitoring activities by performing activities such as collecting preaward documents, uploading new contracts, notifying Project Managers of requirements and providing document templates, fielding high level questions, following up with PMs, and providing assistance and support to the Subrecipient Monitoring committee
- Sends out "post-signing" subcontractor documents and instructions (CCPR, Invoice template, prevailing wage reporting instructions, etc.)
- Supports Prevailing Wage reporting by performing activities such as setting up projects in California Department of Industrial Relations system and verifying certified payrolls are loaded
- Performs internal departmental audits to verify data integrity in SAP/SAP Grants Management/CLM, ECM, SharePoint, etc.
- Responds to questions from technical staff regarding purchase requisitions and purchase orders and government contracting processes
- Supports government proposal activity
- Supports the annual Single Audit process
- Special projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree is required with a Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- Business or legal field with Paralegal or Supply Chain Management specialization preferred.
- Ability to read and understand contract language.
- Two or more years of related experience in proposals, contracting or grants management and/or compliance required.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively multi-tasking, successfully managing to deadlines and competing workloads, making informed decisions, and seeking advice from and coordinating decisions with others when needed.
- Prior experience with SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Experience with OpenText or other enterprise content management system.
- Experience using SharePoint desired.
- Experience in contracting with government organizations a plus.
Skills and Attributes:
- Basic understanding of financial assistance agreements / government contracting processes, contractual provisions, terms and conditions (including CFRs and FARs) and administration.
- Professional, diplomatic, and collaborative team player.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with technical, finance and legal staff and others on-site as well as in remote locations with limited supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and research skills
- Excellent listening and oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.