Leidos is seeking a Government Affairs Director to join the Washington, DC team. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining close working relationships with Members of Congress, staff, and committees. The portfolio supports a range of issues in the government services and solutions sector but focuses primarily on providing healthcare and health solutions to U.S. federal agencies. The position is responsible for developing and executing congressional strategies and plans that support Leidos lines of business goals and strategic objectives. The position reports to the Vice President of Congressional Affairs.
- Build strong, effective, credible, and trusted relationships with key Congressional Members and staff, industry coalitions, and allied organizations
- Support a range of issues in the government services and solutions sector with an emphasis in healthcare and health solutions for U.S. federal agencies
- Work collaboratively with Leidos lines of business to develop and execute a congressional plan that supports and achieves their business goals and strategic objectives
- Participate as requested in strategy reviews and other business rhythms
- Interface with senior Leidos executives and leaders. Develop and maintain internal partnerships and provide proactive legislative insight and support
- Monitor annual appropriations and authorization legislation, attend hearings, and participate in activities that impact Leidos' programs and policies. Draft position papers, legislative summaries and correspondence
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in related field
- 8-12 years of relevant experience including 6+ years of related legislative and/or lobbying experience, or 6-10 years of prior relevant experience with a Master's degree.
- Experience in healthcare and health solutions in the U.S. federal agencies including the Veterans Administration, Health and Human Services, Social Security Administration, and Indian Health Service
- Understanding of legislative processes, especially the federal budget and appropriations processes
- Ability to function in social environment with a strong ability to establish relationships with elected officials, trade associations and think tanks, and industry partners
- Strong communication, research and leadership skills
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial, and able to develop successful solutions
- Organized and self-motivated, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, and engage comfortably with senior executives
- MS Windows, Word, and PowerPoint required
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.