PEC has an opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineering Section Lead in our Wichita, Kansas office.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise or monitor all projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client's requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
- Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability.
- Supervise the daily operations of a department including staff training, development, and performance review, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure.
- Plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- With support from the Division Manager perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Division Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Division Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the department.
- With support from the Division Manager oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics of revenue growth, staff charge-ability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines.
- Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage Division Manager on projects at their onset
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering or Geology and 5 years' practice experience.
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PM21Professional Engineering Consultants