Arlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing company in the business of creating innovative material for visual expression. Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and markets high-quality pressure-sensitive materials for the fleet, architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number of strategically-positioned sales offices and warehouses, and customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For more information, visit arlon.com.
Perform duties to set up and operate department coating machinery to coat and/or laminate film in accordance with customer specifications, product specifications and shop orders.
- Coat and/or laminate as instructed by Lead Operator and outlined on shop orders, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Review shop orders and process specifications to determine materials required, quantity and product dimensions, and machine set-up.
General Coating Functions
- Ability to read shop orders, material part numbers, and weekly product schedule.
- Setup - Align and load material roll on unwind shaft and thread material through machine according to SOP.
- Unload rolls from the machine and move to appropriate staging area.
- Ability to setup, clean up and troubleshoot the printer.
- Ability to make liner and vinyl splice including operation and adjustment of the accumulator.
- Clean and set-up wet-end equipment (coating head, pump and filters) as needed and monitor and make process/equipment as needed.
- Identify coating defects and make corrective action to eliminate the defect.
- Operate the wet end control panel.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Set up pump, tote, hose, liner and adhesive according to work order requirements.
- Handling Hazardous Waste and procedures.
- Operate Forklift and Safety procedures.
- Operate Hoist and Safety procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Experience:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening techniques
- Pleasant, positive attitude
- Team player/interact well with others
- Time management
- Customer oriented
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of previous manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Ability to use basic mathematics, common fractions and decimals.
Excellent communication skills required. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written, with all levels of organization and external suppliers and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to sit. The individual is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18