Arlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing company in the business of creating innovative material for visual expression. Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and markets high-quality pressure sensitive materials for the fleet, architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number of strategically-positioned sales offices and warehouses, and customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. For more information, visit arlon.com.
Perform duties to set up and operate department casting machinery to cast and/or cure roll stock in accordance with customer specifications, product specifications and process orders.
- Cast and/or cure as instructed specification, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Review process orders and process specifications to determine materials required, quantity and product dimensions, and machine set-up.
- Pull raw materials as requested by process order or specification requirements.
- Set-up - Align and load material roll on unwind shaft and thread material through machine according to SOP.
- Set-up machine parameters as required (tension, gap, pressure, etc.)
- Set counters and record material used and scrapped.
- Monitor operation for proper casting and/or curing, checking for material defect, make equipment adjustments as necessary to maintain quality standards and notify Quality Assurance department of questionable material.
- Unload roll from machine and move to appropriate area.
- Perform QA testing as needed (physical properties, color, gloss, etc.)
- Prepare production records and inventory tags and return excess stock to storage and enter location data into the computer system.
- Clean and set-up wet-end equipment (coating head, pump and filters) as needed,
- Record and input data into a database system.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Handling Hazardous Waste and following procedures.
- All hazardous and flammable material must follow OSHA requirements.
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Must be self-motivated, independent worker, team player and detail oriented.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, passing scores on Wonderlic Verbal and Quantitative tests and skilled at weights and measures. Preferred 6 months of previous manufacturing experience.
Must be able to use basic mathematics, common fractions and decimals.
Effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written, with all levels of organization and external suppliers and customers. Must be able communicate well in English and follow work instructions that are assigned to your job description.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to sit. The individual is required to stand continuously during the packing process. The individual is frequently required to walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds intermittently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18