At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES Accountability
- Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features.
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Five or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific discipline, various installations or services.
- Minimum of two related career experiences (4) (i. e. , changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Engineer in Training OR
- 50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M. B. A. or Project Management Certification
- Knowledge of Smart Grid data collection systems and interfaces
- Experience in Test Case development, lab test procedures, systems and equipment evaluation and troubleshooting (system upgrades, test scoping, equipment evaluation and troubleshooting)
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) experience including: RF field studies, Mesh Network knowledge, AMI system optimization experience, RF trouble shooting, XML file creation for converting new gas meter shipper files
- Experience with device endpoint firmware and AMI Network operations (Gas metering modules, Electric meters, Relays, Access Points)
- Knowledge on various metering devices and programs/tools (Electric meter, Gas meters, ERTS, MeterMate, L+G 1132, CT, Gecko)
- Experience planning and performing field testing
- Experience developing technical Standards, Work Procedures, Job Aid development, and New Equipment reviews
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Masters degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
- License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
- PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
- Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e. g. , in the case of an employee with both a masters degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Associated topics: cellular, dsp, electrical, electrician, energy, image processing, kv, stationary engineer, transmission, wind