Apex Systems is looking to acquire Onsite technical services operations for ARVR lab facilities located in Redmond WA. If interested or have referrals, please send resume to Brian Segovia at .
About the Role:
The Apex team provides specialized lab support and maintenance for electrical and mechanical tools (including cleanroom equipment, wafer equipment, characterization equipment, scanning electron microscopes, chemical cabinets, lift stations, and other specialized and custom research tools), equipment (including electronic), circuit boards, prototypes, VR hardware, their troubleshooting, repairs, debugging, assembling, testing, component sourcing. The work also includes gas cylinder services, from managing on-site inventories to swapping gas cylinders.
Apex performs regular quality checks and safety inspections, including, routine equipment such as eyewash, safety showers and fume hoods. We Develop solutions and recommendation for maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs. Manage lab tool emergencies, coordinate repairs with third party vendors, and existing facilities. This is an exciting place to work, joining the Virtual Reality Labs team onsite at the Facebook campus in Redmond, WA.
Location: Redmond, WA (Onsite)
Title: Gas Cylinder Technician
Contract Length: 1 year contract w/ recurring extension
Pay Rate: $22.00/HR
Shift: 2 openings - Mon-Fri, 2PM-11PM
1 opening - Sat-Mon 6a-6p and Tue, 6a-1:30p
- Perform daily inventory checks for gas cylinder on-hand quantities.
- Perform gas cylinder changes when required.
- Manage onsite supplies and vendors of argon, fluoroform, SF6, chlorine, ammonia, hydrogen, silane, or others.
- Provide gloves, safety glasses, chemistry supplies, cleaning supplies, chem lab supplies, and organization for support of gas cylinder management.
- Notify proper teams if noncompliant action items are identified.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams to ensure compliance.
- Sync with end users regularly to discuss requests that may need support.
- Provide escort services for third party vendors.
- Facilities, maintenance, and engineering and/or manufacturing experience
- Comfortable working in laboratory, chemical, gas, environment
- Reliable transportation
- Interest in technology, VR a plus
- Experience with Gas is a heavy consideration but not absolutely required
- Willing to learn, excited for VR, willing to get involved with Scientists, Chemists, Engineers, etc
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice