Sleep Inn & Suites Queensbury is looking for a friendly and helpful Front Desk Attendant (Full-Time, Part-Time or Seasonal) to join our team!
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Identify and explain room features to guests.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary.
- Work together with the entire staff to coordinate that rooms are ready for guests prior to their arrival.
- Supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities..
- Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
- Respond to all guest needs/requests.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Properly maintain high Guest Satisfaction
- Be knowledgeable with GSS (Guest Satisfaction Surveys).
- Previous hotel experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to adapt to an evolving work environment.
- Perform duties that may not typically be associated with a desk job. I.E. sweeping, mopping, dusting, laundry, light maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.