Food Service Supervisor - Dietary - INTEGRIS Grove
The Food Service Supervisor directs and supervises departmental activities involving food preparation, service, ordering, receiving, issuing food supplies and small equipment. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
The Food Service Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Participates in menu planning and patient satisfaction activities
* Performs patient care, nutritional assessment, interventions, treatment plan, counseling the patient and/or care giver
* Manages School Nutrition Program complying with all requirements for reimbursement, wellness program, and HACCP program.
* Supervises dietary employees in all phases of foodservice and monitors compliance with HACCP rules and all regulations
* Purchases food, supplies, chemicals and small equipment, recommends purchase of large and capital equipment and oversees safety and maintenance of all equipment
* Monitors product availability, pricing, quality, and vendor service, directs physical inventory and monitors inventory procedures
* Maintains Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) regulations
* Supervises department staff, including hiring, training, evaluating performance and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Consults with department head for departmental operating budget and recommends capital budget plans
* Coordinates with Dietitian in performing nutrition assessments and follows procedural guidelines on patient care, interventions, treatment plan, and counseling
The Food Services Supervisor reports to Dietary Manager and Administrator Inpatient Services
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Must follow standard precautions.
Job Code: 6312
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 3 years food service administration and dietetics experience
* 3 years supervisory experience in healthcare food service preferred
* Vo-tech training in dietary management, certification preferred (CDM/CFPP); DTR, RD or Bachelors degree in Food and Nutrition may substitute
* Experience with the Federal School Lunch Program preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)