Float Team Scheduler
Weekends On-Call Shift Begins Friday 5pm-Ends Monday 8am
PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: Float Team personnel, Human Resources, Staffing Manager, Administrator, Director of Nursing, public and other staff members.
OBJECTIVE: To be strategic partner with Operations and Human Resources in the development, implementation and management of the Float Team for Florida based operations.
Coordinate the success of the Florida Float Team.
- Advertising, interviewing and hiring team members.
- Create and monitor schedules.
- Evaluating services on a monthly basis.
- Completing monthly and weekly payroll and billing reports.
- Partner with sites to coordinate orientation and onboarding time.
- Update Float Team manual as necessary.
Coordinate daily float coverage assignments across Florida sites based on priority, staff personnel availability, location, skill level to ensure safe and high quality resident care.
Work collaboratively with managers, supervisors, administrators, directors and regional office to determine and coordinate immediate and future staffing needs.
Coordinate scheduling for orientation and onboarding for float staff and may participate training new employees.
Process payroll on a biweekly basis for all members of the Float Team.
Coordinate and plan all job and career fairs with the collaboration of the Human Resources department. This is to include on and off site locations.
Coordinate all high school recruiting events and open houses with collaboration of the Human Resources department.
Train and develop hiring managers on float pool strategies.
Ensure pro-active partnership with Operations and Human Resources to meet or exceed business plan objectives.
Must meet or exceed customer's expectations as determined by annual customer satisfaction survey.
Evaluate and assist in the coordination of temporary staffing needs to assigned areas.
Conduct and develop training of the scheduling software program. Act as the lead support person with this program by providing training at all levels, guidance and support to multiple locations.
Work on special projects as assigned by the Area Human Resources Manager and/or the VP of Human Resources.
Timely completion of other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Timely and accurate management of applicant database, with coordinating reporting requirements as outlined by Area Human Resources Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completion of Bachelors Degree or equivalent related experience, such as recruitment, staffing coordinator, scheduler, human resources, personnel or related fields.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a staffing scheduler and/or recruiter.
- Must be able to meet deadlines under stressful conditions and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have a willingness to work fluctuating and flexible hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to communicate timely and effectively with corporate and field management.
- Ability to travel is required (25%).
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-offer drug test.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we'll trust you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you'll be rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and workplace considerations.
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program