There's a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics' National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America's best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we're committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Financial Service Specialist
We are currently seeking a Financial Services Specialist to join our team.
Under general supervision, assists in establishing, maintaining and updating client files related to funds transfer. Daily interaction with both internal (Client Services; Sales) and external (banks, clients, and employees) clients. Sends transmission of daily direct debit and direct deposit electronic funds transfers (EFT). Decision-making is moderate, which is governed by procedure, guided by policy and guided by objectives from time-to-time, focused on daily operations with companywide impact.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Retrieves information on incoming funds and communicates status to Payroll Specialists, Credit and Accounts Receivable. Works with Accounts Receivable when a wire is unidentified to ensure proper posting.
- Maintains and updates client and employee files including correspondence with clients and banks to establish various types of funds transfers.
- Assists the client and worksite employee processes for both direct debit and direct deposit.
- Enrolls clients and verifies bank information on direct debit and generates and transmits daily direct debit files to banks.
- Assists with the direct deposit enrollment form process for employees of clients on direct deposit. Generates and transmits daily direct deposit files to the banks. Ensures that the data integrity is maintained through the use of reports. Maintains all direct deposit files that are kept in the funds transfer area.
- Troubleshoots client/employee problems occurring with transfer of funds or receipt of deposits. Works closely with clients and employees to resolve any client or bank issues related to funding transfers.
- Follows up on expected incoming funds not received on a daily basis. Determines whether problem is bank/technical in nature or credit related. Communicates information to Credit Services.
- Researches NOC (Notice of Change) returned items for employees and clients and contacts respective payroll specialist to take actions accordingly.
- Assists Manager Financial Services in performing cash/investment transactions.
- Assists IT in testing on direct deposit, debit and reversal files.
- Verifies that on-line enrollment information in WebFocus is consistent with AIMS, if contacted by employee.
- Assists employees with online direct deposit questions.
- Inputs data for an end of month journal entry for banks, as needed.
- Manages department file storage needs utilizing the corporate Records Department.
- Maintains the supply inventory level.
- Handles unclaimed property process including due diligence letters, inquiries and employee refunds.
- Acts as primary backup to the other Financial Services Specialists.
- Acts as secondary backup to the Manager, Financial Services and Treasury Analyst and for reversals, positive pay, voids and check verifications.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma is required. Associate's Degree in related field is preferred.
- Over three years experience in EFT is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Basic understanding of payroll accounting procedures and bookkeeping procedures. High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft applications is required.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.