Our People & Places Solutions business reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the 'why' of what we do the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is seeking a Financial Analysis & Planning to join our team in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all Program & Project cost, budget, and cash flow requirements, processes and procedures under various funding sources, (e.g. State, Federal, City funding)
- Provide financial reporting as required by NYCHA and any oversight agencies such as the New York City Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the Office of the New York City Comptroller (Comptroller)
- Coordinate and manage the funding approvals through City OMB and Comptrollers processes. Filing all paperwork associated to the flow of funds through NYCHAs financial department
- Management of cost data and cost tracking utilizing eBuilder project management software and other systems as needed
- Attend budget planning meetings as required, prepare performance reports, projections and timelines as requested to NYCHA and outside stakeholders
- Assist project team in the planning and scheduling of the capital work to be performed under Jacobs project portfolio
- Assist the Procurement/Invoicing Manager in generating all task orders for professional services, construction managers, and construction contractor, etc.
- Provide all necessary documents to execution all task orders for professional services, construction managers, and construction contractor, etc
- Min. Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Business, Finance or equivalent.
- 5- 10 years of progressive and relevant work experience
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to perform in fast-paced, multi-tasking team environment is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with client, contractors, architects/engineers and construction managers, stakeholders
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in web-based construction document management platforms, experience with e-Builder is an asset
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers routine questions in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with NYCHA is desired, but not required
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.