Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: .
The DoD Financial Management/Internal Controls Consultant helps clients optimize all elements of their finance organization, including operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems architecture, and full-scale finance transformation.
- Active Secret clearance or above
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited United States college or university in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Must have 2 years of full-time (excluding internships) experience within the past 10 years of progressive experience in the accounting field of Federal Government agencies or Fortune 500 companies. Experience may include audit readiness, audit remediation, financial statement audit, and fraud related assessments.
- Must have experience in supporting federal clients in improving internal controls over reporting and meeting the requirements of related federal guidance and requirements, including: OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A, B, and C; the GAO Green Book; the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990; Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act of 1982 (FMFIA); and Payment Integrity Information Act of 2019 (PIIA).
- Demonstrates proven thorough abilities in the following areas:
- Internal control assessments;
- Entity level controls, risk management, and fraud risk assessments;
- Supporting management control programs;
- Understanding deficiencies communicated by the auditor, tracking audit PBC requests, responding to audit requests, developing corrective action plans, and executing remediation with a focus on internal controls; and,
- Implementing the revised OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) licensed by a State licensing agency
- Experience with DoD and/or the Department of the Navy.
- Experience in providing audit readiness or audit remediation support, or performing financial statement audits, within the federal government.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal accounting and auditing standards and guidance in relation to:
- Federal financial statement auditing
- Internal controls
- Audit liaison
- Financial reporting
- Financial business process reengineering
- Data analytics
- Understanding the GAO Fraud Framework
- Understanding of and experience conducting internal control assessments and testing in accordance with OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A requirements
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Due to our contractual requirements and an Executive Order from the White House, every federal government employee and onsite federal contractor will be asked to attest to their vaccination status. In the interest of health and safety during the continued unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, anyone who does not attest to being fully vaccinated will be required to follow CDC guidelines which may include (subject to specific contractual requirements): wearing a mask on the job no matter their geographic location, physically distancing from all other employees and visitors, complying to any screening testing requirements. This requirement will apply to Guidehouse employees who work onsite for the federal government.
- Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program