Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: .
The Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness Senior Consultant help clients optimize all elements of their financial management specifically related to accounting standards, day to day accounting functions, audit readiness, audit remediation, A123 requirements, and financial management optimization. The day-to-day tasks include:
- Assist in developing process documentation or providing subject matter expertise on business processes (i.e. contract vendor pay, reimbursable work orders, property, etc.).
- Assist in day to day accounting functions.
- Evaluate internal control environments and identify control gaps.
- Assist with designing and implementing corrective actions to remediate audit findings.
- Assisting with preparing for IPA walkthroughs, responding to PBC, or internal control testing requests.
- Assist with accounting and financial management operations.
- Evaluate business processes and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Perform research, extract data, and perform data analysis.
- Provide day to day instructions to staff, as needed
Minimum Education/ Certification
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Over 3 years of experience in audit/audit readiness/audit remediation. Experience in internal control testing or remediation of corrective actions is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- US Citizen and eligible to receive a Secret Security Clearance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (or eligible to sit for CPA)
- Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Technical accounting experience within GFEBS.
- The ability to conduct comprehensive analyses, studies, surveys, reviews, and/or research projects for the purpose of defining problems, identifying potential courses of action, and proposing solutions for Full Financial Statement Audit.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Due to our contractual requirements and an Executive Order from the White House, every federal government employee and onsite federal contractor will be asked to attest to their vaccination status. In the interest of health and safety during the continued unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, anyone who does not attest to being fully vaccinated will be required to follow CDC guidelines which may include (subject to specific contractual requirements): wearing a mask on the job no matter their geographic location, physically distancing from all other employees and visitors, complying to any screening testing requirements. This requirement will apply to Guidehouse employees who work onsite for the federal government.
- Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated at time of hire.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program