Wind River Environmental is the nation's leader in non-hazardous liquid waste services with a recent focus on growing in the waste to energy sector. We are presently executing an aggressive growth strategy. Currently at $150 Million and growing rapidly. Due to this growth trajectory, we are seeking individuals to join the organization that are career-focused and looking to develop/grow into even larger roles.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be a key partner in spearheading our financial forecasts, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This highly visible function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support business decision making. This position is ideal for any candidate that has felt "stuck" or "unchallenged". You will gain direct exposure to senior leadership through an aggressive team with an "all-in" mentality.
- Develops and tracks key metrics including assessing revenue achievement against full year and monthly targets
- Develops and maintains financial models in support of the preparation, review and submission of quarterly reforecast and annual budget.
- Performs on-going reporting and analytical projects as well as on an ad-hoc basis as requested by Management
- Consults with, interpret for, and explain results to senior leaders
- Analyze operational & financial results and make suggestions for improvement
- Works closely with operations and sales management
- Prepares short term financial forecasts
- Develops annual business plan and budgets
- Capital Asset Planning
- Data-driven Guru for the Daily/weekly/monthly KPIs reporting (includes daily operating metrics, profitability by lines of business)
- Responsible for tracking value creation initiatives and working with the business to tracking performance against such initiatives.
- Review data provided by team and ask questions regarding accuracy, discrepancies, variances to target
- Work with KPI owners to maintain relevance in metrics; identify areas for reporting
- Develops and maintains financial information systems
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of finance experience
- Bachelors Degree is required (Masters degree preferred)
- Strong data analysis and research skills, especially with financial planning concepts
- Ability to do both formalized, repeatable analysis and investigatory analysis
- Detail-oriented and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment and works well and accurately under pressure
- Working knowledge of Adaptive Insights reporting software is required.
- Candidates with Adaptive Insights experience will be given a higher priority in the selection process.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to convey a technical message or concept articulately and concisely
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly tie analysis to business drivers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization especially at the Director and VP level.
- Highly Skilled with Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint); Must be highly skilled with Excel modeling; Advanced pivot tables, data queries, managing large data sets quickly and accurately
- Strong analytical skills, proactive, work/think independently and accurate work product
- This position is based in Marlborough, MA. Due to the nature of the position, commuting to the office is a requirement. Please note Wind River Environmental follows very strict Covid guidelines to ensure employee safety.
Core Benefits Offered
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401K
- 8 paid holidays and generous paid time off plan
- Our company is in a stage of extreme growth- strong career development
Wind River Environmental services and maintains a broad array of non-hazardous liquid waste systems, including grease traps, septic tanks and related waste systems. Headquartered in Marlborough, MA we offer a full suite of services to business, residential and municipal customers throughout the East Coast. Wind River Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.