Ref ID: 03527933
Classification: Financial Analyst
Compensation: $75000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance may have a great employment opportunity for a Financial Analyst that is highly qualified in finance and top-notch communication skills. Are you interested in working at a Logistics company with a growing team? Primary job functions consist of conducting financial modeling on various financial products as well as measuring, analyzing, and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans, advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives, and preparing reports for management. This Financial Analyst role is located in the Chattanooga, Tennessee, and it is a full-time employment opportunity. If you enjoy forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management, then you may want to join an innovative team as a key business partner.
What you get to do every day
- The ideal candidate should be a highly flexible individual who is adept at managing expectations and comfortable with handling large amounts of information
- Gather and oversee forecasting reports
- Work on monthly and quarterly financial close processes in collaboration with the Accounting team
- Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources
- Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation, and prioritization
- Look over performance to date while assessing potential opportunities and risks
- Provide valuable foresight and decision support through effective Business Intelligence (BI)
- Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and if any actions are required
- Drive P&L forecasting and Area/Segment-level Bookings on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure plans are properly executed by working with cross-functional partners in Accounting and Operations
- Have a thorough understanding of internal and external drivers and be able to explain how they are impacting performance and trending
For Immediate consideration contact Kevin Green,
- BA/BS degree in finance or a related field
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
- Command of business analysis
- Variance analysis experience highly desired
- General familiarity with forecasting & modeling
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Proven knowledge of budget forecasting
- Well-founded grasp of due diligence
- Financial modeling experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable)
- Skilled in the construction and delivery of effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- 5+ years of experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Prior experience in Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Practical knowledge in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tools required
- Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.