Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) Field/Bench Service Technician
Pacific Standard Environmental, Inc.
Provide our customers with high quality, easy to use, reliable compliance and process monitoring equipment.
Provide our customers with meticulous, organized, thorough, standardized, preventive service to minimize reactive service and inspire confidence in equipment reliability.
Provide our customers with researched, knowledgeable guidance and solutions to compliance concerns and engineering needs.
Integrity, Commitment to customers, Continuous Learning, Constant Improvement, Quality, Responsibility
Responsible for all activities related to the maintenance and care of CEMS equipment located at customer power generating facilities. Job requires significant exposure to gas turbine power plants. Establish and maintain priorities for all CEMS maintenance activities at the facilities. Under general direction, organize, monitor and perform facility maintenance activities including a variety of technical tasks relative to, repair and calibration of CEMS systems. Work under minimal supervision at customer's sites in a team environment. Capable to engage in a professional manner with all levels of employees including plant management, and frequent external contact with outside business partners such as vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Perform preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance on on all types of process analyzers, and equipment, coordinating work with various team members
- Perform calibrations of analytical equipment
- Install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot instrumentation, controls and electrical/electronic systems
- Advise and train plant operators on analytical instrumentation
- Assist in the installation of new equipment and/or system modifications
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on process controls, programmable logic controls (PLC) and emission monitoring equipment
- Maintain electronic and paper documentation for preventive maintenance, and regulatory required calibrations
- Keep track of customer parts and supplies stock
- Input, update and manage maintenance records regarding all CEMS activities, equipment history, and preventive maintenance programs
- Provide timely and accurate responses to correspondence and requests for information
- Adhere to all applicable health & safety, environmental and administrative policies, procedures and regulations
- Available for rotating 24-hour, 'on-call' emergency callout duty
- Must travel to customer's facilities throughout Southern California
- Demonstrate professionalism all all times in all activities
- Maintain professional appearance and proper hygiene as a direct onsite representative of the company
- Wear of prescribed clothing/uniform as is required
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times though job planning, identification and correction of hazards
- Attend training and continuing education as required
- Comply with all facilities environmental, health & safety programs
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a technical field with direct involvement in equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated skills in: maintenance and trouble shooting of local and distributed control systems (microprocessor-based), and rotating equipment, AND utilization of computerized maintenance management systems
- Must have strong motivational, and communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and have strong typing skills
- Completion of E.P. troubleshooting certificate (i.e. trade school/military or comparable associates degree), (electronic Principals)
- Strong emphasis on details-oriented, meticulous, regulatory based work-flow progression.
- Ability to strictly adhere to plant safety and communication policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical equipment, electronics, schematics, basics of chemistry and physics, and controls and instrumentation
- Ability to configure and operate various test instruments and equipment as necessary to troubleshoot and repair plant equipment including, but not limited to: multimeters, scope-meters, sourcing meters
- Ability to productively work independently
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to understand contractual issues as they relate to plant operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of EH&S rules, regulations and procedures preferred. Environmental control experience preferred
- Capable of reading PFD's, P&ID's, and electrical/electronic schematics (Process Flow Diagrams, Piping and instrumentation/drawings)
- Demonstrated experience indicating effective communication skills, analytic ability, detail orientation, and ability to make decisions and meet deadlines
- Requires ability to perform detailed equipment inspections and provide solutions for repairs
- Employee is regularly required to work at heights greater than 100 ft.
- Travel required within California and neighboring states
- On-call/emergency 24/7 duties with other technicians
- Work in all plant areas, both indoors and outdoors
- Work with high temperature and pressure air systems
- Work with chemicals is required
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and can include cold, snow, wet or humid conditions
- Works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, potential of electrical shock
- May be exposed to hazards associated with power and hand tools, dust, fumes
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to climb stairs, ladders, and work on elevated platforms.
- Noise levels are moderately loud and may vary in various areas of the plant site
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Physically able to climb, lift, and work at heights greater than 100 ft.
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically bending and twisting and frequently apply a moderate amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Must have manual dexterity and ability to manipulate keyboards
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds overhead and 75 pounds from the floor to 36 inches.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be willing to tolerate awkward and stretched positions while stooping, crouching, or kneeling to perform daily duties.
- Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice if and when required.
- Must be able to concentrate while under time constraints
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color distinction with vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills, read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems, observe and interpret situations, use math and mathematical reasoning; deal with changing, intensive deadlines
Required Credentials and/or Designations:
Driver's License. Must have reliable transportation, clean driving record, full auto insurance coverage. Capable of passing regular required drug testing
The above content is intended to describe the general type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.- provided by Dice