Individual will assist with field service support at customer sites (Conyers and Austell. 1 day in Austell per week), perform laboratory-based experiments according to company protocols and perform data analysis.
Field Service Chemist is responsible for identifying the technical challenges to applying teh comapny's technology for specific customers, for providing technical answers and implementing them at the customer's facility.
Field Service Chemist will work closely with other members of the company's field sales/service group, product management, production, logistics personnel, and management on issues relating to the development of products and the ongoing provisioning of technical service.
Field Service Chemists are expected to travel to customer sites as needed, approximately 35% of their time. Must have reliable transportation. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
* Gather information and identify technical issues for customer/the company
* Perform laboratory evaluations of the company's products and help identify the best solutions
* Perform lab and field based experiments aimed at better understanding and improved application of the company products
* Participate in, and support, mill trials of the company's technology
* Perform data analysis of a mill's performance and correlate cause and effect to understand the company technology's impact
* Develop laboratory methods and procedures that lead toward improved application development
* Maintain high customer satisfaction with the company.
- Technical undergraduate degree required: chemistry, chemical engineering, enzymology, pulp and paper science, biology
- Previous laboratory, quality, or manufacturing support experience.
- Experience with Excel and Microsoft office.
- Must be able to speak convincingly with technical managers and production people concerning objectives, chemistries in use, and equipment operation.
- Experience in a position where individual gained knowledge of pulp and paper mills or other plant operations is beneficial
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call or email .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.