Supervises, coordinates and delegates custodial personnel at various city owned facilities. Performs related work as required.
Position Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Ability to respond to emergencies at anytime.
Salary: $56,784.00 to commensurate
Successful completion of employment verification, NCIC background check, physical examination (if applicable) and drug screen are required prior to employment with the City of Cedar Rapids.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Plans, organizes and supervises the custodial and building & grounds maintenance repair of various city owned facilities.
- Establishes job priorities and time frames for facility maintenance workers and contract services.
- Provides effective, professional leadership in positioning Facilities/Departments with contracted services.
- Works with Department Managers/Purchasing in the development of clear and concise competitive specifications for various contracted services.
- Manages the planning, scheduling, and continuity of the various environmental service contracts for all City facilities where applicable.
- Reports contract provider deficiencies and communicates with routine performance evaluations and recommendations.
- Monitors completion of job assignments to ensure compliance with standards and instructions and revises instructions and time frames as necessary.
- Consults with other departments on work requests from the maintenance department.
- Periodically monitors and modifies the city-wide Lenel identification/door security system software for the various city facilities.
- Maintains records on custodial work and building & grounds repairs.
- Schedules preventative maintenance on custodial and facility equipment.
- Meets OSHA standards requirements, on record keeping in the maintenance division.
- Prepares specifications for the purchase of goods and services.
- Prepares employee work order records for data entry into the work order management software.
- Periodically performs data entry into the work order system.
- May perform daily activities within the maintenance division.
- Purchases and orders supplies in accordance to purchasing policy.
- procedures and safety practices;
- Supervises the work of assigned personnel, including assigning and reviewing work, providing guidance, and conducting performance evaluations. Attends meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies, procedures and safety practices;
- Attends work regularly at the designated place and time;
- Supports continuous process improvement initiatives;
- Performs related work as required.
- At least two years of relevant college level course work or an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience in maintenance and or custodial services, including lead or supervisory responsibilities or
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Ability to pass NCIC background check
- Principles and practices of employee supervision
- Safety regulations, maintenance procedures, equipment, and techniques
- Practices, methods, equipment, tools, and supplies used in custodial work
- Custodial, mechanical HVAC systems, electrical and heating systems
- Assigning, prioritizing, monitoring, and reviewing work assignments
- Customer service
- Work cooperatively and develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Write specifications for contracts
- Manage planning, scheduling, and continuity of contracts
- Prepare accurate and reliable reports containing findings, recommendations, and conclusions
- Operate and instruct personnel in the operation of tools and machinery used in custodial, building and grounds, and mechanical system maintenance