Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: #59703
12+ month contract
- Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
Lead a design, construction, renovation, maintenance, and repair project portfolio for office, lab, and manufacturing buildings of over one million square feet. Portfolios are typically less than $7M with individual projects ranging from about $50K to $2M in value.
• Safety & security of facilities and construction activities (≈25%)
• Facility & project budgets, service contracts and business controls (≈25%)
• Architectural/Engineering design, construction, renovation, maintenance, and repair activities (≈25%)
• Internal/External customer and vendor relationship management (≈25%)
Primary job scope includes:
- Reports directly to the RMS TLS Associate Manager, Facilities Engineering. Major responsibilities include, capital and expense planning, programming, budgeting, consistent with completion of construction projects to support customer and infrastructure, repair, replacement, and modernization. A
- Additional responsibilities include facility maintenance, operations, and quality assurance of building service contracts.
- Works with a team of engineers and construction professionals supporting RMS owned or leased sites.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Audits contractor safety programs.
- Provides daily field presence and interaction with contractors.
- Supports planning of critical activities.
- Ensures safety concerns are captured, response is timely and adequate.
- Sets expectations for and facilitates incident and near-loss incident reporting.
- Leads investigation for significant incidents.
- Determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Builds capital/expense budgets, schedules, and identifies resources to fulfill customer and facility needs.
- Ensures deliverables conform to agreements and certifies invoices match against commitments.
- Develops forecasts of expenditures at completion, year-end actuals, explains deviations from capital/expense spend plans, and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Works with staff and contractors to proactively capture and report cost savings. Ensures total cost of ownership is considered.
- Learns and complies with business policies, established business controls, and procedures.
- Analyzes project & facility performance, researches trends/benchmarks, and makes recommendation to achieve key results.
- Meets with tenants to identify and refine requirements.
- Develops and executes projects through contracted design-build or design-bid-build project delivery methods.
- Directs construction projects including safety, quality, cost control, project schedule, and contract administration.
- Oversees contract scopes of work (SOW) and evaluates contractor performance.
- Leads development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans and oversees final check out of new installations.
- Develops criteria for and evaluation of equipment and service providers.
- Identifies and eliminates asset failures through risk-based asset management.
- Defines, develops, monitors and refines asset maintenance plans including value-added preventive maintenance and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing to enhance plant reliability.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with internal & external customers including: Tenants/Customers, Finance, Procurement, Property management, Project Managers, Maintenance organization, associated contract supervisors and counterparts.
- Uses Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Procure to Pay (P2P) - SAP, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint software, Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS) - Tririga, and Microsoft project management software to successfully complete daily responsibilities.
• Integrity, strong moral compass, ability to do what is right.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, successful in a team environment, demonstrates respect for others.
• Achieves excellence, maximizes positive outcomes, disciplined approach to prioritizing & managing own work.
• Ability to communicate complex data clearly and succinctly to key decision makers.
• Executing budgets within authorization by fiscal year end. Demonstrates ownership of financial outcomes
• Ability to multitask, resolve ambiguity, and deliver results under time constraints.
• Commitment to realizing cost efficiencies and driving process improvement
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field from an accredited institution
• Five years of experience managing subcontracted architectural/engineering design and construction services.
• Five years of experience developing and managing capital and expense budgets.
• Knowledge of design-bid-build, design-build construction, commissioning, and physical plant operations.
• Understanding of building codes, permitting, and professional liability.
• Integrated Workplace Management System(IWMS) and project scheduling software proficiency
• Basic computer aided design skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software
• Ability to develop and foster internal customer relationships.
• U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
• Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field from an accredited institution
• Certified Project Management Professional, Construction Manager, or closely related credential
• Integrated Workplace Management System(IWMS) - Tririga, and Microsoft Project software proficiency
• Revit or AutoCAD proficiency
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Engineering, construction, architecture