Salud Para La Gente (SALUD) provides high quality, comprehensive and cost-effective medical, dental, behavioral health, optometry and other services to underserved, low-income communities in the Monterey Bay area, including Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties. SALUD began in Watsonville in 1978 as a storefront free clinic, and is now a Federally Qualified Health Center. With 4 health center sites, school-based health centers and over 400 employees, we provide high quality services to patients of all ages.
We are looking for a Facilities Director to ensure smooth and efficient facilities' operations across the organization. In collaboration with executive leadership and department managers, this position is responsible for facilities, compliance related to facilities, real estate and construction related projects, and general project management within Salud. This position holds the title of Safety Officer for Salud and as such is responsible for safety inspections, safety training and compliance with the federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration. Develops and maintains positive business relationships in the community and particularly as they relate to construction, facilities and real estate. This position supports the organization's mission, vision, and values through excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
This position supports the organization's mission, vision, and values through excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Projects and Construction Management
- Manages all Salud construction activities to ensure on-time and on-budget project completion.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing assigned projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Reviews project development plans for compliance with codes, regulations and standards, adequacy of applications for permits and compliance with approved plans.
- Assists in the development of and ensures administering of project budgets.
- Coordinates the preparation of or develops engineering plans and specifications.
- Coordinates required advertising for bids, reviews construction bids and makes necessary recommendations based on lowest and best bids, competency of vendors and consultants and the selection criteria.
- Provides project management for the construction of special projects. Oversees assigned projects to ensure contractor compliance with time and budget parameters for the project.
- Adjusts errors and resolves complaints.
- Maintains appropriate records and files.
- In collaboration with operations and clinical management, oversees management of all SPLG facilities
- Assist with materials, supplies, and clinical inventory management
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion.
- Oversees the planning of budgets and schedules related to facilities modifications, including cost estimates.
- Oversees construction and installation progress.
- Ensures planned maintenance programs are in place and maintenance is performed timely
- Ensures Salud is in compliance with its policies and procedures, and state and federal regulation and laws as they relate to facilities.
- Manage specific real estate related responsibilities with strict attention to detail and follow through involving real estate development projects, leases, contracts, property/space/asset management components, with a comprehensive set of legal documents and land use approvals
- Lead The Safety Committee to effectivity evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to control risks, and maintain safety awareness in the workplace.
- Administer Salud's emergency management program; develop, coordinate, implement, and direct planning, preparedness, mitigation, readiness assurance, response, and recovery activities.
- Inspects interior and exterior work areas to determine if there are any safety hazards.
- Identifies training needs, develops appropriate training programs and delivers training to employees.
- Completes injury logs required by OSHA and submits OSHA form 300.
- Ensures adherence to all OSHA regulation.
- Develops safety plan and ensures compliance.
Performs related duties or responsibilities, as assigned or requested.
Knowledge of: A thorough knowledge of the community health care system, general business standards, real estate, safety and regulatory requirements as they relate to construction and facilities in a clinical setting, construction project management and staff leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of related experience required
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, able to multi-task and balance diverse competing requirements, able to think and act independently with tact and discretion
- Able to collaborate with multiple and diverse departments
- A minimum of two to three years in management related to safety, real estate and construction.
- FQHC experience preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish/English preferred
- Standing, walking, sitting, typing, reaching, moving and/or lifting up to 50 pounds.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k), voluntary long term disability, holiday pay, and PTO.
Please submit a current resume and cover letter to:
Salud is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Salud is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Salud Human Resources Department, [, and ].