At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced, Strength Engineers- Structures and Sub-Systems for advanced air vehicle proprietary programs located at our St. Louis, Mo.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the structural performance and structural integrity of air vehicle components.
- Perform structural analysis tasks
- Coordinate with other engineering groups to establish the product's environment
- Guide product design and verify structural integrity by using analytical methods, finite element models / simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance
- Develop test plans and configurations, support test execution, and analyze test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Support internal / external design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), preliminary / critical design reviews (PDR / CDR) with Customers
- Pursue process maturity to reduce costs
Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position. For Special Program Access requiring only US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3+ years of experience working with aircraft stress analysis/structural analysis
- 3+ years of experience using NASTRAN/PATRAN or similar FEM software to perform structural analysis on aircraft or space structures.
- 3+ years of experience with Military Air Vehicle Platform Structure or Sub-System definition and analysis.
- 3+ years of experience with design/analysis of metallic and composite structure.
- Background utilizing classical hand analysis as well as finite element methods and tools
- Experience collaborating across multi-functional teams
- Experience with aircraft structural analysis and composite materials.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift