EOE STATEMENT: The Women's Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Further WBDC information is available at .
The Executive Office Liaison (EOL) will provide high-level administrative, planning, and coordination support to the President and CEO, and the Board of Directors. In addition, the EOL will manager and perform a diverse set of support tasks that include but are not limited to the responsibilities listed below.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
- Serve as Board and Committee Liaison with high-level administrative tasks, which include meeting logistics, scheduling, and reporting; maintaining board records, correspondence and activities
- Ensure Committee and Board follow up and communication on all open issues
- Work with committee chairs on meeting schedules and priorities for the coming year
- Prepare agenda, record and transcribe minutes for Board and Committee meetings; maintain documents and files
- Schedule Committee Chair reports at each Board meeting
- Maintain and update WBDC Board Book annually
- Maintain Audit Reports, 990, Articles of Incorporation and other WBDC-related documents, electronically and hard copy
- Manage staff resources such as the staff directory, Board list, etc.
- Assist in planning all internal WBDC events
- Act as back-up for Client Services & Training Assistant
- Provide support for the WBDC's Early Childhood Education Entrepreneurship Expo and Entrepreneurial Woman's Conference; the WBDC's two largest events
- 4 years of progressive business experience
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Passionate about women's issues and economic development
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
BENEFIT PACKAGE: Benefits include a flexible work schedule, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with matching benefits.
SALARY RANGE: Salary range is $40,000 - $50,000
LOCATION: IL, Chicago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Women's Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) business growth center and economic development organization with 35 years of experience helping women and other diverse entrepreneurs establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The WBDC delivers programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.