Location: Atherton, CA - Live Out
Type: Full Time (40 hours) or Part time (24+ hours)
Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick days
Paid rest & meal breaks
Discretionary Bonus (generous)
Regular reviews & advancement opportunities
Private family estate is looking for an experienced, exceptional service-minded high energy Executive Housekeeper that is professional, proactive, hands-on and able to manage additional housekeepers. Willing to train junior candidates with the right 'can do' attitude.
● Experience cleaning luxury homes, fine finishings, special surfaces, and how to work around high-end artwork and antiques.
● Flexibility to go the extra mile when needed to get the job done.
● Can independently make recommendations based on research and due diligence for the best products and understands the application of those products, can train other staff.
● Communicate with vendors and oversee organizational and deep cleaning projects.
● Experience with sorting, steaming, washing, ironing and folding of luxury fine linens and delicate fabrics.
● Able to respond to requests timely and follow through until completed.
● Can graciously accept feedback and apply knowledge learned.
● Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat, crouch, bend and crawl. Ability to lift, push and pull required load (approximately 30 lbs).
● Able to track tasks using Google Sheets, Docs and Apps.
● Coordinate and oversee housekeeping staff & schedules. Work closely with Estate Manager.
● Update and manage any housekeeping related fixes/small repairs using Google Sheets. Report anything requiring immediate attention.
● Create daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping checklists.
● Ensure all cleaning equipment & housekeeping tools are maintained in good working order and are being properly cared for.
● Update, track, and schedule maintenance for any cleaning related services or equipment.
● Inspect linens and towels regularly making notes and reporting when items need to be replaced.
● Inspect cleanliness of residences from top to bottom, basement to the roof; inspecting all furniture, carpets, upholstery, floors, blinds, windows, curtains, etc. and report any damage or concerns/issues to the Estate Manager.
● Clean furniture and fixtures as directed using approved products. Organize personal items & closets.
● Assist as needed with changing and making the bedding, adhere to time schedules.
● Clean sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets. Dust furniture, walls, machinery, and equipment. Vacuum and sweep assigned areas.
● Maintain a professional appearance and uniform standards.
● Listen well, take notes, and respond timely to requests.
● Must be Fluent in English with great communication skills, both written and verbal.
● 5 - 10+ years of related experience working in a high-level private home or hotel in a similar role.
● References required from both current and previous employers.
● Working knowledge of Mac/PC operating systems and smart home systems.
● Must pass a background check.
● Must be legally able to work in the United States.