Executive Director - Assisted Living & Memory Care
Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, currently operates 15 senior living communities throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Ohio, and will be opening communities in New York and New Jersey.
Maplewood Senior Living is seeking an Executive Director on a full time, salary basis for our new community - Maplewood at Princeton. This new construction building will open in 2021 and will focus on assisted living and memory care.
Maplewood at Princeton will be located at 1 Hospital Avenue, Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Maplewood offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid training, paid time-off, life insurance policy, and voluntary Aflac insurance.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community including the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of program services, management of staff and the delivery of high quality service to the residents and their families. The Executive Director maintains ongoing compliance with appropriate local, state, federal, regulatory, and/or accrediting body standards.
- Ensures that the community is prepared for inspection by regulatory agencies through regular auditing and updating of community policies and procedures, medical records documentation, environmental standards, etc.
- Lead, develop, and support staff through role modeling, company programs and various initiatives
- Serve as sales leader of the community driving community occupancy, marketing outreach, and referrals
- Meet or exceed the financial goals of the community through revenue generating expense management and labor control
- Supervise and lead the community management team to ensure a smooth operation that meets the needs of residents, families, associates and visitors
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience in human services management, housing management, or nursing home management
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Experience working with seniors
- Experience in successfully operating and maintaining a customer focused environment in an Senior Living facility preferred
- Proven record of identifying and developing professional referral sources
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.
- Bachelors or better in Management or related field
- Communication Skills
- Computer/Technical Literacy
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership/Management Skills
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business