Auto req ID
What Will You Be A Part Of?
Provides Executive level administrative support to the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (CMD) Division President, and other select members of the leadership team (HR, Legal). Handles matters with strict confidentiality and meets short deadlines. Focus of work may vary based on the individual needs of the manager and functional area.
What Will You Do?
- Conserves manager's time coordinating requests and responses internally and externally; acts as a liaison between the manager and other leaders, employees, external clients, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Manages calendar that changes often and requires coordination and sensitivity; screens requests for meetings.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules meetings and events with individuals or large groups.
- Researches and recommends meeting location options; coordinates contract and logistics; selects caterers, orders food and drinks, and oversees set-up for meetings; may sign small catering contracts as allowed by company policy.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when appropriate.
- Prepares documents, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, presentations, and spreadsheets for approval.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares itineraries for travel within the U.S. and internationally; changes travel schedules, flights, hotels, and rental cars during normal business hours and also off-hours as needed.
- Reviews and processes expense reports. Provides other general administrative support, such as filing, scanning, and copying.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Travel to support BU leadership team may be required from time to time for key events, meetings or customer engagements.
How Will You Get Here?
- High school diploma required. Associate's degree in Secretarial Science, Business, or related field preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience. Recent experience supporting an executive in a corporate environment preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal communication skills. Excellent English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and work accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Executive Assistant to the CMD President
Country / State - City
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.