Join a Growing Marketing Team and Industry Leader and Make Your Mark in a New Event Planning Role Support Live and Virtual Events, with a Heavy Focus on Tradeshows If you combine a passion for event planning with a background in marketing and the drive and organizational skills to plan multiple events, including traveling 50%+ to manage details, the role of Events and Promotions Specialist offers you some compelling opportunities. You will:
- Own a new role on a growing marketing team. Serve as a brand advocate while enjoying wide exposure to internal stakeholders, including Segment Marketing and Product Marketing Managers, and external vendors and suppliers.
- Spotlight your talent and potential in diverse areas including space planning and scheduling, promotional giveaways, customer engagement and conversion, results analysis and more.
- Learn and expand your skills as you support multiple specialty vehicle brands and help highlight ongoing innovation, such as the Velocity F-Series (pictured). It offers big-truck interior space without requiring a commercial driver's license, thus expanding the pool of potential drivers for fleet operators.
- Earn competitive compensation along with and a strong suite of benefits.
- Join an organization that is growing rapidly at business-unit levels. Since 2015, pandemic aside, the company has over doubled in size. That growth has led to the creation of additional opportunities, including this newly added role.
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- 1-3+ years of event planning experience, including tradeshows, and promotions experience. We'll consider professional and intern experience, as well as near entry to seasoned candidates
- Solid project management skills
- Experience with contract and pricing negotiation (space, event support, etc.)
- Strong computer and software skills including Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly PowerPoint, event tools, such as space planning software, and virtual meeting platforms
- Outstanding organization skills with strict attention to detail
- Ability to travel 50%-75% for tradeshows, to scout event locations, attend events, etc.
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF), is North America's leader in specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly, and upfit for the commercial, retail, and service specialty vehicle markets. The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth. Our new name and renewed focus reflects the action, speed, and agility we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster of dynamic brands -- Utilimaster, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag, Strobes-R-Us, Spartan RV Chassis, and Builtmore Contract Manufacturing.