AIChE, founded in 1908, is a professional society of more than 60,000 chemical engineers in 110 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities, and government, using their knowledge of chemical processes to develop safe and useful products for the benefit of society. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, provides opportunities for the professional and personal growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life. Through its varied programs, AIChE continues to be a focal point for information exchange on the frontiers of chemical engineering research in energy, sustainability, biological and environmental engineering, nanotechnology, and chemical plant safety and security.
The team plans the strategy and implements logistics for events & conferences. This role will assist the full production of Spring and Annual Meetings (and others as required) while also providing expertise to assure high quality production, video, live, virtual, and hybrid events.
Key activities will be working on hotel and vendor relationships, logistical preparations, and virtual event platforms. The Associate will ensure events run smoothly and are produced per technical program specifications and venue contracts.
Under the direction of the Manager, Event Production & Logistics, the Associate will support the Spring and Annual Meetings in new initiatives and conversion to hybrid meetings. Duties include:
- Manage the development and organization of the Spring & Annual meetings virtual platform
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing and membership teams to deliver an engaging and informative events with the customer in mind
- Compile and organize of virtual video recording for speakers participating online
- Assemble virtual platform training guides and coordination and implementation of platform training sessions for conference attendees, speakers and session chairs
- Assist with communication of hybrid event features and opportunities Organize the production of onsite featured events and virtual live events, while working closely with venues and vendors
- Work with the sales team on exhibits communications and onsite and virtual exhibit implementation
- Support tasks as assigned by the Manager of Events Production & Logistics
- High level of accountability, integrity, and professionalism
- Prior in-person and virtual conference organization and production experience
- Client-focused; capable of working with individuals at all levels, building and sustaining relationships
- Take proactive steps to provide better internal or external service
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment, self-motivated
- Must be comfortable contacting volunteers, motivate and direct activities without direct authority
- Capability for effectively working with individuals and groups at all levels, building and sustaining relationships and acting as a team player
- Ability to operate in stressful situations with professionalism
Software and Proficiency
- MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and motion graphics effects production desired
- Experience with virtual platform vendors (Pathable, vFairs, and Social Hour or similar preferred) and A/V vendors
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills (written and oral)
- Outstanding Customer Service
Education & Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of prior meeting planning experience and/or production experience is desirable
- Knowledge of current trends in the meeting planning and production industry a plus
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.