Posillico is Building for Generations.
Posillico is a multi-disciplined and diversified construction company. Along with our Civil /foundation group, Posillico's business units include Wastewater Division, Environmental Division, Utilities Division, Drilling Division, Paving Division, Posillico Consulting LLC, Posillico Developmental LLC, and Posillico Materials, LLC. These companies give Posillico the unequalled, leveraged experience required to complete complex structural and geotechnical projects successfully in the Tri-State area.
Posillico empowers a "people first, think safety" culture throughout our organization. This "people first" culture has helped to promote and maintain an excellent record of accomplishment. Posillico has an exceptional safety program coupled with proactive employees throughout its management and union staff. We offer all employees an excellent opportunity to be part of our developing business at Posillico, as we set the standards for excellence in the construction industry with our integrated solutions.
Our company mission is to complete all our projects safely, on time, on target and on budget while having a positive impact in the community.
Follow us at…
An exciting opportunity to join a 4th generation, multi-division heavy civil construction companies' newest division in Texas. Estimator/PM with heavy civil construction experience in the state of TX. The ideal candidate will have both field and estimating experience. Incumbent will assist in estimating projects and then execute the work with assigned team members.
• Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc., to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate. Create bid packages for subs and vendors.
• Solicit, document, and analyze subcontractor/vendor quotations.
• Bid setup, summary form data entry, bid pricing, and bid scheduling.
• Review and incorporate productions, means & methods.
• Provide takeoff and technical support to Sr. Estimators preparing larger estimates.
• Train and mentor Junior Estimators/Project Engineers.
• Provide award related submittals.
• Assist contracting team during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
• Responsible for overall job safety as per the safety manual for the respective job.
• Perform daily quantity review.
• Actively participate in monthly review of pay estimates and pending submissions for payment.
• Responsible for obtaining and preparing Monthly Cost Estimate/Forecast.
• Report all extra work or non-contract work to your Division Manager.
• Control all material deliveries, production schedule, and long lead-time items.
• Coordinate all work with sub-contractors.
• Coordinate all utility requirements with providers.
• Ensure quality of work.
• Meet clients expectations.
• Supervise and ensure that Project Team carries out all tasks.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Reports to: Division Manager
Compensation: Based on Experience
• Education and experience requirements include 4 years of engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
• Must have 5+ years estimating, cost control and/or field experience (at least 1 year estimating) in construction.
• Local expertise with TXDOT and municipalities, established relations with subs and vendors are preferred.
• Initiate, coordinate and supervise group work efforts is essential
• Must have the ability to prepare small and non-multispecialty proposals with minimal supervision. The incumbent will have oversight for profit/loss responsibility to the company.
• Specialty estimating/construction experience in one of Posillico's operations.
• Microsoft Office applications
• HCSS (including Heavy Bid/Heavy Job)
• Takeoff software (Bluebeam/Business Center)
• Scheduling software/CPM (including Primavera and MS Project)
• Viewpoint (PM module, JC module)
• Strong technical and proposal writing skills
• OSHA Training
• ISQFT cloud-based sub/vendor solicitation software