About the team At Zillow, it is our plan to change how closing and settlement services are performed! We will improve the customer experience by reducing customer effort, making information transparent and improving speed. About the role
An ideal candidate has experience in the title and settlement industry specifically focused on closing purchase transactions in a multi-state, high volume environment. They will possess an extreme desire to WOW their buyer/seller/lender customers by meeting timelines, communicating proactively and regularly, and serving customers with a pleasant, appreciative attitude!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as liaison between all parties within the home buying/selling ecosystem
- Communicate and keep all parties fully apprised of closing status
- Comply with all regulatory requirements
- Promote a 'first time right' mentality to eliminate errors and rework
- Drive closing performance, meet closings dates, provide a great customer experience
- Perform final quality review of CD/settlement statements and other closing documents
- Collaborate with the title department to resolve title issues
- Address inquiries from buyers, sellers, and lenders in a timely manner
- Confirm closing dates, locations and schedule signings
- Balance and disburse funds accurately and timely
- Coordinate with internal banking and accounting teams in the maintenance of escrow accounts and records
- Assist with workflow design and optimization activities. Help design closing systems
- Guide training team to build training material, job aids and P&Ps to replicate knowledge and standardize processes
You enjoy working in a high energy, fast paced environment. You love serving others. You have excellent communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities. Answering the phone is never an interruption, rather, it is an opportunity to show off your skills. You carry yourself professionally and represent Zillow Offers and Zillow Group both internally and externally.
- 3+ years' expert experience preferred performing closing transactions
- Highly knowledgeable regarding standard closing concepts, practices, and procedures of the real estate settlement industry
- Complete knowledge and ability to handle residential purchase transactions from receipt of contract and earnest money through funding and disbursement
- Solid understanding of various title policy forms and typical endorsements
- Ability to professionally manage challenging customers, to diffuse conflict situations and resolve closing issues quickly
- Demonstrates ability to calculate discounts, prorations, and commission splits accurately
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Ability to manage high volume transactions in a paperless environment
- Intermediate to advanced experience working within closing software systems and Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with ResWare a plus
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life's next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Millions of people visit Zillow and its affiliate sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it - and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow, we're powered by our innovative and inclusive work culture, where everyone has the flexibility, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to redefine the employee experience, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits . But don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC's Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents 2020, and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at .
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
See what information we collect about you.