Who We Are
We're building the future of real estate - today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that's finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture - but don't just take it from us. We've been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We're committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
We are a 100% resale/purchase business (no-refis) and we do not expect you to do business development.
Who You Are
You're the glue that holds real estate transactions together and makes them happen. Supporting the closing representative and working with agents, buyers, sellers, lawyers, lenders, surveyors and others, you collect, organize and process all the necessary documentation to ensure the closing gets completed on time and with a minimum of stress. Details matter. You make sure documents are filed and checks are written after closing. When something isn't right - paperwork is incomplete or a detail is wrong - you know how to fix it. Agents and their clients appreciate your friendliness and expertise. People depend on you to deliver. And you do.
- Patience personified, able to handle the pressing needs of agents, buyers and sellers in a calm, friendly and empathetic way that gives them confidence and puts them at ease.
- Organization guru, paying attention to and tracking each and every detail, and knowing how to assemble all the puzzle pieces into a single, complete, error-free and understandable package.
- Devoted to detail, discovering missing, incorrect or incomplete items, bringing them to the attention of agents, buyers and sellers, and pursuing solutions with dogged determination.
- Multi-tasker, being able to work in a fast-paced environment, processing a large number of contracts simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Strong communicator, with good written and verbal skills; your ability to read people and understand their personality enables you to deliver both good and bad news in a sensitive way.
- Professional demeanor, creating a positive image for the company through your appearance, performance and relationship with colleagues and customers.
- Reliable supporter: Providing outstanding assistance to the closing representative, so that sales go smoothly and we retain their business through white glove service.
- Document processor: Preparing loan documents for signing, including vesting amendments when applicable, present loan documents and other records for signing and returning loan documents to lender after signing and following up on funding conditions.
- Insightful advisor: Reviewing the real estate purchase contract, making sure it is complete and requesting any missing information; performing a preliminary audit and determining or obtaining any necessary items to clear a title; preparing estimated closing statements for the officer to review.
- Deal finisher: Maintaining the files, recording the appropriate documentation, and sending checks once the closing is complete and transmitting documents to the lender.
- Relationship and business builder: Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry players that encourage them to choose us as their first choice for escrow processing.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: One plus years of escrow processing experience (based on the team this position will support).
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Communications skills: Strong written and verbal skills to clearly keep agents, buyers, sellers and all other parties up to date with the process and work with them to resolve issues.