A. General Summary: Responsible for managing overall control of environmental legal compliance, ISO 14001, energy reduction, water usage reduction, and waste reduction.
B. Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensure compliance with current Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations.
2. Develop, implement and manage environmental programs and procedures that will ensure compliance with permits and all applicable laws.
3. Support development of New Hire Orientation materials pertaining to environmental and safety.
4. Conduct training and coaching for management and team members on environmental issues pertaining to their specific position and job duties in support of appropriate laws utilizing TBA PE training materials.
5. Perform weekly environmental compliance audits for facility.
6. Facilitate environmental incident investigation process.
7. Identify and promptly inform management of compliance issues and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
8. Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams, corporate based reporting systems, and legal agencies for air, water, and waste permits.
9. Develop and maintain annual Environmental Action Plan utilizing TBA format to support Plan / Do / Check / Action cycle to achieve targets for 0 non-compliance, reduced C02 impact, reduced waste, and reduced water usage.
10. Utilize TBA / TBJ improvement idea lists and known plant opportunities to develop project lists within the action plan with calculated benefits from each action. Projects should be planned to achieve the targets for CO2, waste, and water usage.
11. Maintain ISO 14001 system through following existing standards and policies with less TBA support each year. Ensure internal ISO audits are completed on time throughout the year and ISO meetings are held. Meet with external auditors as needed to prove continued conformance to standards.
12. Support planned and unplanned audits from legal compliance agencies.
13. Assist management in appropriate loss control and accident prevention measures to comply with TBA and plant mission and objectives.
14. Assist Safety management with current OSHA and other federal, state, and local agency laws and regulations as they pertain to safety and environmental issues.
15. Develop and deliver training and coaching for team members, contractors, and others on safety, security, and environmental issues to ensure skills competence, understanding of policies, and procedures, and to maintain compliance with corporate, federal, state, and local regulations, directives, standards, policies, and procedures.
16. Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and health standards and regulations.
17. Lead and manage all ISO14001 and related environmental activities.
C. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Entry to 4 years of relevant experience working in a manufacturing plant.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
* Must have basic knowledge of regulatory requirements including federal and state safety and health laws (e.g., OSHA, EPA, DOT, EPA Risk Management Plans, and Industrial Hygiene).
* Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
* Excellent math skills.
* Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
* Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
* Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
* Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issues.
* Must be able to perform algebra and unit conversions accurately to calculate savings from energy, water, and waste projects based on provided engineering formulas and logical engineering assumptions.
* Must be able to convert savings from kWh to CO2 & dollars based on provided conversion factors.
* Must be able to properly calculate and confirm air permit numbers based on process engineering data provided for the process with limited support from TBA PE.
* Promote a positive commitment to corporate values, and integrity to ensure success of empowered culture.
* Demonstrate a personality that works in cooperation with other departments towards building a sense of company teamwork.
* Must be hands on helping to solve urgent problems.
* Willing to escalate as needed to management to ensure that KPI targets are achieved.
* English, both written and oral, is required. Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese would be helpful
* Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
D. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 10% of time.
E. Physical Demands:
Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time as required. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time. Team member must be able to use ladders, hand tools, and engineering measurement devices. Team member may be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.