WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible, and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to "fit in" to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Qualified Environmental Professional. The position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and Local environmental needs for a cement manufacturing facility. If you feel that you have the ability to effectively handle the needs of a cement facility while also working with the corporate level of our organization then this may be the position to challenge and take you to the next step in your career.
This position will reside in Mason City, IA.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Environmental compliance reporting under Title V, RCRA, NPDES, Drinking Water, and other Federal, State, Local Environmental regulations
- Ensure all readings, testing, and observations are conducted and documented as required by environmental regulations and permit conditions
- Prepare air, water, and waste permit applications as needed
- Support the site's Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS).
- Review and approve alternative fuel streams
- Report environmental performance to Corporate and site personnel on a regular basis
- Train and mentor plant personnel on all relevant environmental guidelines and practices
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of corporate guidelines, conducting training and monitoring compliance
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ Years of environmental experience in the cement industry or relatable field
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local requirements
- Working knowledge of MSHA is preferred
- Strong communication skills to interact with multiple levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter and life-long learner
- Enjoys a combination of office and fieldwork
- Works well on a team and can engage with the community
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering or related field
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in the same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a drug-free workplace.
Line of Business
Health, Safety and Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled