Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join our company's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in our company's protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Senior Supervisor is a subject matter authority in environmental, health and safety compliance. In this role, you will develop, implement, and maintain processes and programs built to assure compliance with existing federal, state and local regulations and requirements for a very complex operation with two or more highly hazardous processes, high serious injuries and fatality and serious environmental event potential.
- Execute controls and applicable control programs and document that control programs have been implemented as planned for very large and complex operation with high risk and exposure.
- Define, implement and lead processes for risks, hazards and opportunity identification and determine resources required to execute.
- Responsible for leading Environmental Compliance and driving a continuous improvement mindset to move the facility beyond compliance and reduce environmental impact.
- Member of the site leadership team and provides EHS technical expertise on planning, capital improvements, issues and incident response and operational environmental compliance. Understand systems, integrated processes, regulatory issues, and workforce conditions.
- Lead action plans by identifying potential emergency situations, creating emergency communication plans that addresses operation or business disruptions, recovery and social media and testing and validating the emergency action plans.
- Partner with site leadership and the Regional EHS organization to lead and champion a strong Environmental, Health and Safety culture through training and education solutions related to environmental, health and safety issues, practices and risks, coaching others as the need arises to promote continuous improvement.
- Prepare and execute audits and ensure compliance with legal and other requirements are met.
- Conduct incident investigations based on incident classification and liaise with engineers, management and health and safety regulatory authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
- Identify and review hazard, risk and opportunities on an ongoing and proactive basis and ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Minimum of three years of mining experience
- Able to work in an underground mining facility
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations and experience interacting with MSHA inspectors
- At least three years of underground mining experience
- Strong scientific and mathematical knowledge
- Confirmed ability to deliver processes effectively to optimize business resources
- Solid working knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Two years of supervisory experience
Do you have mining experience?
Are you able to work in an underground mining facility?
Do you have knowledge of MSHA regulations and experience interacting with MSHA inspectors?
Communication skills for regulatory agencies, ability to collaborate with others to solve problems, demonstrated a high execution capacity, lead across different functions to promote EHS culture
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY
Salt mine facility
- Provide environmental, health and safety training
- Perform safety/environmental audits of the plant
- Monitor environmental health and safety performance metrics
- Provide all health, safety and environmental regulatory reporting
- Prepare health, safety and environmental budget
- Promote health, safety and environmental topics
- Make environmental, health and safety recommendationsaccordingly
- Make environmental, health and safety recommendations
- Participate in management health, safety and environmental audits
- Lead safety, health and environmental training sessions
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations
- Develop training programs on safety and environmental issues
- Correct and manage environmental/safety incidents
- Verify compliance with all applicable environmental health and safety government regulations
- Develop annual company safety and environmental health goals
- Carry out environmental, health and safety activities
- Implement environmental and safety programs to ensure facility compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Support compliance manager with environmental procedures
- Implementing environmental, health, and safety programs and performing compliance audits
- Manage various environmental and safety audits and inspections