Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Are you interested in kicking off your winter season earlier and being a part of our world-class trail grooming operation? We are looking for strong candidates with heavy equipment operation and ski resort operation experience to join our hardworking team. We have positions available for people with little or no experience, to those with years of operator prowess! If you are an independent go-getter with experience with heavy equipment operation, general labor, power tool operation, construction or otherwise, this is the career for you! Apply today and get your spot on our team for this winter.
- Responsible for the safety of fellow employees, and guests, and for personal safety
- High safety responsibility and sensibility to maintain a safe snowcat operation
- Maintain mountain skiing surfaces to finest level possible
- Ability to learn how to operate all VRI Slope Grooming equipment and basic mountain operations
- Minimize down time through basic preventative maintenance, cleanliness and up-keep of machine
- Manual labor in other Slopes and Trails work
- Maintain good working relationship and communicate work instructions with co-workers
- Receive daily working instructions from Advanced Operators, Specialists and Supervisor
- Daily, as needed, communication with shop Mechanics concerning mechanical problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions - required
- Satisfactory MVR check - required
- Must be at least 18 years of age - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Able to lift up to 100 lbs - required
- Must be able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Able to climb on and off the vehicles frequently - required
- Able to sit for extended periods of time while operating the snowcat - required
- Able to use two-way radios (both speaking and hearing instructions) - required
- End of season commitment - required
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25 Ski Towns in the World."
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 245647