Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
- The Enterprise Systems Patch Management Customer Technical Specialist is responsible for providing expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshoot products and modify products to customer requirements.
- Provides expert and second tier technical support for the installation and repair of complex systems and outages.
- Responsible for packaging, testing and deploying automated desktop applications installations and patches within the SCCM framework and developing user guidance documents and installation instructions.
- Responsiblibe for supporting distribution of security patches throughout the enterprise using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Security Baseline Analyzer (MSBA).
- Provides support and instructions to remote locals using telephone, on-site visits, and terminal services.
- Tracks package deployment and status updates using on-line trouble ticketing (Remedy) systems and develops reports and trend analysis documentation.
- Creates collections and advertisements for mass software/patch distribution.
- Analyzes a wide array of networking metrics and recognize substandard network performance.
- Determine severity and complexity of a reported issue and if necessary escalate to the appropriate specialist.
- Determines the troubleshooting workflow and organize support priorities.
- Determine severity and complexity of a reported issue and escalate to the appropriate specialist.
- Provides general networking, LAN/WAN enterprise, CONUS and OCONUS deployment/TDY travel, functional training, and meetings/briefings to support AFCENT NOSC operations.
- B.S. in related field, and 5 or more years' relevant IT experience; OR 7 or more years' relevant IT experience.
- Unix and HBSS experience
- Security+ or CCNA-Sec
- MCSE (Server Infrastructure), CCENT, Unix, HBSS, and ITIL Foundation
Sumpter, SC / Shaw AFB
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).